What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkappel6189

Reaction score
Yeah my neighborhood is really desired in the area I'm in... $300K homes... not to bad... neighborhood pool... basketball court... tennis court... it's a community separated from your average typical neighborhood... we have our own little restaurants and gas station...HOAs is through the roof but worth it...

Oh... were u being sarcastic? When ppl here the community I live in they're actually impressed cuz we have everything minus a grocery store... golf course included...

It's like this...ppl buy alarm systems for their cars...i bought wheel locks to protect my $3K rims... investment protected no matter where I go or leave it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Amen. Wheel locks are a must. Doesn't matter how high or low your rig is they will get stolen.Crackheads are resourceful

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah my neighborhood is really desired in the area I'm in... $300K homes... not to bad... neighborhood pool... basketball court... tennis court... it's a community separated from your average typical neighborhood... we have our own little restaurants and gas station...HOAs is through the roof but worth it...

Oh... were u being sarcastic? When ppl here the community I live in they're actually impressed cuz we have everything minus a grocery store... golf course included...

It's like this...ppl buy alarm systems for their cars...i bought wheel locks to protect my $3K rims... investment protected no matter where I go or leave it...

Yes, I was being sarcastic. :) I get it though. Wheel left isn't even a remote possibility here, but smash and grabs are a daily occurrence so I did the console vault thing.

Tank_Snake

Reaction score
I put a 8000lb hitch on, threw my dirt bike hauler on. And out the bike on for a test run for the first time ever :) ocitillo wells and Hungry Valley here we come :):)
97edf7f7895e0eba874121ba51ae3b8d.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New wheel locks... guaranteed to not be taken off or full replacement on wheels...you'll have to cut the hub off

What's their secret?

Cuz when I needed a tire changed on my bought-used bimmer, turned out the thing had wheel locks, and no key had been supplied

Shop said they weren't familiar with that type and didn't have a master key for em, which apparently they often do? But then, maybe so do the thieves right???

But anyway they just charged me an extra $15 per wheel, busted out some bigger tool, and ripped em right out pretty much immediately

Seemed like something experienced thieves would also be able & equipped to do...

So....whats different here? Or is it the hubcap cover, not the lug nuts themselves?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's their secret?

Cuz when I needed a tire changed on my bought-used bimmer, turned out the thing had wheel locks, and no key had been supplied

Shop said they weren't familiar with that type and didn't have a master key for em, which apparently they often do? But then, maybe so do the thieves right???

But anyway they just charged me an extra $15 per wheel, busted out some bigger tool, and ripped em right out pretty much immediately

Seemed like something experienced thieves would also be able & equipped to do...

So....whats different here? Or is it the hubcap cover, not the lug nuts themselves?
They can make over a million keys for their locks... but they only make one lock and key... no duplicates... so the key for my lock can never be used on another lock they make... also... the lock is make to have no gaps between the lock and the wheel... so thieves can't get a tool around it to break it off... to see videos and learn more go to www.rimlox.com and YouTube... the locks have to be installed by a shop and registered... and the registration takes all of the shop's info so if anything happens they're going after the shop for fraud... they have a unique way of ensuring the guarantee... violate it and u void the warranty... things must be done in a timely manor as well... legit

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They can make over a million keys for their locks... but they only make one lock and key... no duplicates... so the key for my lock can never be used on another lock they make... also... the lock is make to have no gaps between the lock and the wheel... so thieves can't get a tool around it to break it off... to see videos and learn more go to www.rimlox.com and YouTube... the locks have to be installed by a shop and registered... and the registration takes all of the shop's info so if anything happens they're going after the shop for fraud... they have a unique way of ensuring the guarantee... violate it and u void the warranty... things must be done in a timely manor as well... legit

Alas, there's a funky bunch of void clauses:

* evidence of a torch being used
* evidence of a drill being used
* installation key in your possession OR seal broken on customer key (wth?????)
* if your vehicle was parked IN a garage (double-wth?!?!?)

So basically you can no longer service your own wheels and tires, you're tied to a single tire shop that probably provides that company with a huge kickback for the favour, and the no serious tools used / car parked outside clauses suggest that it's really QUITE easy to destroy these locks...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not entirely true...i do have a key that I can use... so I can break the seal... all I have to do is send back to them once I do and they'll reseal it...u get more information of what exactly u can and can't do when u actually buy it from them... plus for me...i have 26s... I'm not servicing my wheels anyway only to put air in if low...plus I'm super cool with the shop that holds my key...

nobycane74

Reaction score
This week I spent time painting some miscellaneous trim piece on my '01 Exp. EB.
Mainly those metal quarter size round dot piece that hold the visor vent rear windows arm, the lift hinges on the rear window hatch and the luggage roof rack bars.
I also did a touch up paint job on a new replacement grill insert for my truck...was able to find and purchase a used (excellent cond.) 2001 Ford F-150 grill insert to upgrade and replace my truck OEM grill.

IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's not entirely true...i do have a key that I can use... so I can break the seal... all I have to do is send back to them once I do and they'll reseal it...u get more information of what exactly u can and can't do when u actually buy it from them... plus for me...i have 26s... I'm not servicing my wheels anyway only to put air in if low...plus I'm super cool with the shop that holds my key...

I've been to multiple shops in multiple counties and yes multiple states in the last couple years

I doubt I'm alone in that.

Policy is far too restrictive for certain vehicle usage scenarios