What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolf

Reaction score
Added a tablet holder to the dash, adds to the nerd setup that I have going on here with the 2-Way radio. Next will be a CB when I feel like drilling another 3/4" hole in the roof.

IMG_3220 (1).jpg IMG_3222.jpg

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
274abfae02c815fe9535dcd21c613b17.jpg

Finally got around driving mine this weekend, and i just all 8 COPs with MSD brand, pinion seal and transfer case seals on the driveline, it got an awning, and hi lift jack added, and I'm ordering o2 sensors this week... someday it will be finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How r u planning to use the Hi Lift jack when there is no mounts or rock sliders on the Expedition ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How r u planning to use the Hi Lift jack when there is no mounts or rock sliders on the Expedition ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah... it's going to be just more of a garage tool or trail tool, helpful to have for others, etc. they DO NOT work at all expeditions unfortunately

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't drill the roof, pick up a magnet mount cb antenna. I used to have one, that worked great. The only down side is you've got a cord that hangs through your window. But it saves from drilling, and is portable.

Wolf

Reaction score
Don't drill the roof, pick up a magnet mount cb antenna. I used to have one, that worked great. The only down side is you've got a cord that hangs through your window. But it saves from drilling, and is portable.

The other down side to the magnetic base is that the ground plane isn't as good--and in my experience they pop off the roof too easily in the wind. The Motorola NMO mounts are secure, waterproof and provide better ground.

Theres really no down side to drilling a small hole in the vehicle if you do it right. When I need to load stuff on the roof or go into a car wash I just unscrew the antenna and put a cap on the mount.

Additionally, frying a radio because the ground plane becomes unstable isn't worth it--not when you have over $400 worth of equipment invested :)

Use what you feel comfortable with :)

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed this today to help out charging phones when we go camping . No more fussing from the kids bc mom's phone or tablet isn't charged yet and they gotta wait..hahah
8e917267f70fea3e02796c616ecd0174.jpg
c6b7c8e5affaabc257321fb4c5768a09.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Oooohh I hit a pot hole so hard today that I think the whole front right strut tower collapsed, the truck is sagging to the point of the top of the tire is rubbing the fender flare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman