What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Wife and I took the Expedition on a road trip down to Indy for a tour of the Scottish Rite Cathedral, then lunch, and then back to Fort Wayne, and a car wash before coming home. It was a great day and the EcoBoost just loves those long highway cruises.

It was an interesting tour. Construction began in 1927 and completed and dedicated in 1929 just weeks before the stock market crash.

3%A1polis%2C_Estados_Unidos%2C_2012-10-22%2C_DD_06.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Looks like good times Andy. Nice pic btw.

I changed my oil eariler and a busted brake bulb and two things came up, is the motor sitting a little slanted to the left (driver side) or do they all sit like that I can't remember noticing this before.

20170716_153315.jpg

And how the hell do bees return to their nest if go to a new location overnight.... what do they do in that situation?

20170714_132121.jpg

20170714_132136.jpg

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the intermediate steering shaft to finally get rid of that little bit of losness I had in the steering. I could turn the wheel a 1/2 degree or so before feeling resistance and with no response from the steering. Now just a little bit of pressure on the wheel is all it takes. Feels so much better!

IMG_7817.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I changed my oil eariler and a busted brake bulb and two things came up, is the motor sitting a little slanted to the left (driver side) or do they all sit like that I can't remember noticing this before.
Thanks Habbibie, it was very interesting, a lot of history in that building and very cool.

I don't remember my engine leaning to the the left but I no longer have 05 to look at.

On the wasps nest, I always heard that they died after a couple of day without their nest.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Mine's an '03 but it looks to sit pretty level (first picture). However, if I lift up on the throttle body shroud/cover (the passenger side snaps down onto posts) it does look tilted (second picture). Not sure how your cover mounts but perhaps it's just not seated on the passenger side?

IMG_7836.JPG

IMG_7851.JPG

CyberVinnie

Reaction score
Got the driver and passenger side windows tinted to match the rears. My black Expy Limited with the appearance package (black grill, black roof rails, graphite wheels) now looks even more sinister! Oh, and I got it washed for the first time!

Tank_Snake

Reaction score
I put in some switchback jdm astar blinkers and it looks soooo good, when steady it's stupid bright white, once you turn the blinker on it changes orange and there is a nice little delay from when your blinker turns off to when it turns back to white. 27 bucks worth every penny. When they are white they actually brighten up the side of the road at night nicely. :)
3aa0511d7d4057b1b61e24d4afa953bd.jpg
10c3fb0fabad20e87298476fa123b7a0.jpg1b6221222b5b984270e0496d4f1c1c87.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over the last few days... 8 Motorcraft plugs, 2 front hub assy, rear gear oil with friction modifier, oil change and am getting 4 new tires tomorrow