What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been looking at the one from Harbor Freight. I don't use it daily so that might be good enough for me.

Craftsman C3 Heavy* Duty 1/2" Impact Driver, conservatively rated for 300ftlb, does pretty much any automotive bolt.... furthermore, C3 battery packs are useful to have, for example I grabbed up a C3 open box drill for $24 the other day at Sears. They had other such stuff too.

Harbor Freight, prolly not a good idea. Not known for safety power or reliability... and the whole point of keeping a heavyish duty cordless impact is that if it keeps you breaker bar shelved and avoids you even one minor injury or pulled muscle, it has paid for itself many times over

Saves your knuckles. Saves your back. Saves tons of time... Maybe more, but aint that enough already for a hundred bucks and change???

Its really not something you can afford to skip or skimp on if youve ever found yourself picking up a breaker bar or laying into a wrench

PS for craftsman at least, "heavy duty" denotes a distinct separate model....regular one is kinda half-assed, judging by the features and rated power.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craftsman C3 Heavy* Duty 1/2" Impact Driver, conservatively rated for 300ftlb, does pretty much any automotive bolt.... furthermore, C3 battery packs are useful to have, for example I grabbed up a C3 open box drill for $24 the other day at Sears. They had other such stuff too.

Harbor Freight, prolly not a good idea. Not known for safety power or reliability... and the whole point of keeping a heavyish duty cordless impact is that if it keeps you breaker bar shelved and avoids you even one minor injury or pulled muscle, it has paid for itself many times over

Saves your knuckles. Saves your back. Saves tons of time... Maybe more, but aint that enough already for a hundred bucks and change???

Its really not something you can afford to skip or skimp on if youve ever found yourself picking up a breaker bar or laying into a wrench

PS for craftsman at least, "heavy duty" denotes a distinct separate model....regular one is kinda half-assed, judging by the features and rated power.
Great insight Adieu, I have 3 air impacts. 2 are mine, ones is a NAPA the other a Chicago Pneumatic and I have my dad's old Craftsman, I also have two air ratchets mine and dad's so the one that harbor freight has would work well for me. The say it develops 1200 ft Lbs of break away torque and even if it only developed half that my air impacts only go to about 250 and they are old and tired at this point so I'd still be ahead for the few projects that I still want to tackle myself. Mostly now I just pay someone to do it as I don't have the physical strength that I had in my younger days nor do I have the patience to do it. So I trade green for time. If I ever do a lift, I will find a shop that does them all the time to do it for me.

If Dewalt made a heavy duty 1/2" 20V Electric Impact then I would be able to use my other battery packs with it. I might have to see how much torque they produce.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20V-M...html?utm_source=hpnewpr&utm_campaign=63537hpb

Earthquake Cordless Impact.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great insight Adieu, I have 3 air impacts. 2 are mine, ones is a NAPA the other a Chicago Pneumatic and I have my dad's old Craftsman, I also have two air ratchets mine and dad's so the one that harbor freight has would work well for me. The say it develops 1200 ft Lbs of break away torque and even if it only developed half that my air impacts only go to about 250 and they are old and tired at this point so I'd still3 be ahead for the few projects that I still want to tackle myself. Mostly now I just pay someone to do it as I don't have the physical strength that I had in my younger days nor do I have the patience to do it. So I trade green for time. If I ever do a lift, I will find a shop that does them all the time to do it for me.

If Dewalt made a heavy duty 1/2" 20V Electric Impact then I would be able to use my other battery packs with it. I might have to see how much torque they produce.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20V-M...html?utm_source=hpnewpr&utm_campaign=63537hpb

View attachment 21718

Craftsman is cheaper than that one, I think it was like 160 and I made em give me an internet price of 130?

Chart claims 300 ftlbs but mine got the supposedly-351 ftlb strut bolt out just fine, didnt seem to be at its limit and I didnt even have to grip the bolt on the other side.

.... this Earthquake one sure is priced EXPENSIVE for a brand I for one have never heard of

As to air tools....seems like too much of a hassle in this day and age, unless you got an application where you KNOW cordless wont cut it

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to air tools....seems like too much of a hassle in this day and age, unless you got an application where you KNOW cordless wont cut it

I rarely use them any more but I have a 150 PSI compressor with 30 gallon tank in the garage so it's just dragging out the hose but still a pain in the butt. I'll probably have to use it tomorrow when I take the idler pulley off the mower deck. I'm not sure how much torque is on it.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also thought about these today, kinda like the mysterious look, anyone have them who can speak to their quality? Thinking I might order a pair. I'm not a big aftermarket guy as most on here know since I'm an OEM freak but something about these I like.IMG_9636.PNG
IMG_9639.PNG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also thought about these today, kinda like the mysterious look, anyone have them who can speak to their quality? Thinking I might order a pair. I'm not a big aftermarket guy as most on here know since I'm an OEM freak but something about these I like.View attachment 21932
View attachment 21933
Spyder is a good brand. I looked at a similar pair for my 05 but never got around to buying them before I traded it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357