What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just bought a '08 King Ranch with 124k miles. Changed the plugs today, Whew, glad it has the one piece plugs. Hallelujah.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope basically just cutting a little off the fan shroud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! I love that look. So you didn't have to make any of the brake lines longer of the transmission shift cable? What did you use to do your lift?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I love that look. So you didn't have to make any of the brake lines longer of the transmission shift cable? What did you use to do your lift?
Nope with the 1.5” blocks he filler neck was good, steering linkage was good, brake/fuel/tranny/shifter lines were all good, there was a little bit tightening on some of them and a few grounds but still enough slack for driving. The rear tow hitch rubs against the back bumper cover a little bit as well but not too bad. And like I said the only really needing changing is the fan shroud I took about 2” off the bottom of the shroud

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to do the actual lift I used all hand tools and a torque wrench (60 ft/lbs) and then some 4x4 wood blocks and 2 floor jacks to lift the body off one side at a time

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And to do the actual lift I used all hand tools and a torque wrench (60 ft/lbs) and then some 4x4 wood blocks and 2 floor jacks to lift the body off one side at a time

You dont happen to have the adjustable pedals, do you?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Gruz.. what body lift did u use ?
Any links..
1.5 doesn't sound like much but I'm guessing you probably can tell it getting in.
I'm doing this been pondering on it all summer but is there a reason why you went with the 1.5 and not 2" ?
Guessing that at the 2" it might would involve having to change or extend things..

Looks good brother [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gruz.. what body lift did u use ?
Any links..
1.5 doesn't sound like much but I'm guessing you probably can tell it getting in.
I'm doing this been pondering on it all summer but is there a reason why you went with the 1.5 and not 2" ?
Guessing that at the 2" it might would involve having to change or extend things..

Looks good brother [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah I have a few friends that did the 3” and needed to extend some thing here and there and I wanted to stay away from that, typically with 4runners, cruisers and other overland type trucks I saw that they were all going for basically a 1.5” body lift (probably to make I‎t easier to get things off the roof). So I did some quick guesstimate measuring and I‎t seemed like I‎t would work well for me. You can definitely tell the difference in person and I now think 37s should clear okay-ish. But I just bought 3” blocks from Zone and had them cut in half and I got All grade 8 hardware with some big washers/red loctite/proper torque specs. And I’ve had I‎t pretty fast around corners, had it in a few trails and have had zero issues at all. A 2” lift would be the absolute MAX as far as lines/wires/steering/fuel neck/bumpers go IMO... even the 1.5” kind of pushes everything a bit but I checked and I have slack everywhere and everything is proper. Fan shroud is only thing that needs adjustment.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You dont happen to have the adjustable pedals, do you?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I do have adjustable pedals and I believe they work fine but haven’t tried pressing the button in a few weeks. (or “post-body lift”) lol