What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered front/rear pads (Akebono ASP) and front rotors (Raybestos Police). $252 OTD. Only the fronts need to be done, but Pep Boys has the pads at 25% off so I'll toss them in the garage until they're needed.

Just out of curiosity, do those PIAAs actually put out sufficient light to warrant their cost these days? I had a set way back in the late 90s and they were awesome, but reviews on the modern iterations are pretty lackluster. The stocks are ok, but I do a lot of driving on NPS roads and could really use something better.

Which generation are you trying to fit? Since you're asking about round lights....if stock 3rd gen, Morimoto & JW Speaker make some nice projector LED units....and the Chinese make a VERY decenr inspired-by sorta-knockoff.

They're all labelled as F150 products but will fit, either bolt right up or very minor trimming to housing

And if you want round lights mounted elsewhere, on a bull bar, custom bumper, whatever, there's tons of different 4" round projector LED units marketed for Jeep and Harley applications

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My neighbor had a screw in a tire making it flat overnight. They ended up having to replace all 4. Shop said where the screw was they couldn't reliably fix with a plug & the tires were worn enough that putting a new one on would create a problem.

The days when I actually want to change a tire or fix a flat with a plug are behind me. Kinda like my roof. I put a complete roof on my house in 1989. Now days, I do not believe I can hoist a pack of shingles up a ladder over and over again. Glad to pay somebody to do that.

All new-tire shops ALWAYS say that.

Especially to people who don't ask for their tires back... they just sold ~$1k of tires, $100+ install labor, and acquired 4 free tires to sell at their used-tire-shop affiliate

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which generation are you trying to fit? Since you're asking about round lights....if stock 3rd gen, Morimoto & JW Speaker make some nice projector LED units....and the Chinese make a VERY decenr inspired-by sorta-knockoff.

They're all labelled as F150 products but will fit, either bolt right up or very minor trimming to housing

And if you want round lights mounted elsewhere, on a bull bar, custom bumper, whatever, there's tons of different 4" round projector LED units marketed for Jeep and Harley applications

3rd gen in the stock location. I did consider the Morimotos or some other type of LED, but I've been less-than-impressed with my Rigid LED backup lights and the reviews for the Morimoto LEDs are mixed.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3rd gen in the stock location. I did consider the Morimotos or some other type of LED, but I've been less-than-impressed with my Rigid LED backup lights and the reviews for the Morimoto LEDs are mixed.

Get Liteway for F150 , similar to Morimoto/JW Speaker.

Near-plug and play install. Requires minor trimming of a couple tabs on your housings with a sharp knife, takes like 5 minutes tops.

They're far superior to stock and a lot better than even quite-nice LED bulbs in reflectors....better than cheap HID, too.

and they only cost $52 ish

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357