What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I was driving it for a month when I switched jobs before they handed me the keys to my new work truck, anyways the exhaust leak is effin annoying as hell still but the rig still drives and handles good, it's been sitting for a week since I drove it but today I fired it up again, took it to the wash then renewed my license plate sticker, filled it up with gas and smoked a cigarette in it for good old times

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Gang, looking to upgrade my '04 expedition, which runs great, but my spouse is ready. We test drove an acadia base, and I literally felt like it was going to break if pressed the gas pedal too hard. I don't think i can stomach a crossover, this one felt like a rental car. Thank God for body on frame vehicles, going to try and talk her into one, then she will prob talk me into a qx56, which will break more than my expedition, lol, rant over.

Acadia is a fugly overpriced POS

If wifey wants the bling of Infiniti and you want an Expedition, tell her she just justified a Navigator

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here in NY Ford and GM are finally giving up on power running boards. Many high trim full size trucks are now ordered with fixed boards. Denali, Escalade, Expedition, you name it. Failure rate is sky high and warranty repairs are often with winters.

I thought power boards was a Ford bling thing?? Only ever seen fixed boards in GM trucks in Cali iirc

Plati

Reaction score
Loaded my EL up with tools & deck parts to drive out to Hilton in the morning and finish building a small deck for a nice 88 year old lady, no charge for labor!
Can fit a 10 foot board in the middle, lotsa room.
IMG_0156.JPG

The Expy was much lighter for the drive home. Not huge but now Madeleine can enjoy some sun out in the rear of the house.
IMG_0160.JPG

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up new plugs and boots for a tune up. Motor already has the updated 1 piece plugs. The 5.4L uses some wild looking ones that’s for sure..... time for some weekend fun:

0D247155-0BFE-4E33-9AD1-A575893DF47E.jpeg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up starting the project this morning, three in so far going good. Not looking forward to the back two though...

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found the back one on the driver's side the worst to get to. The others weren't too bad.

I did new COPs when I did mine at 180k.
Ended up starting the project this morning, three in so far going good. Not looking forward to the back two though...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found the back one on the driver's side the worst to get to. The others weren't too bad.

I did new COPs when I did mine at 180k.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I’ve got 7 changed over, that drivers side rear is the last.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze