What is this button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My 06 expedition had a similar switch in about that location, but I think it was on the other side. It was installed to allow the aftermarket radio / head unit to play dvds when the car was not in park.

Bet that's what its for!

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are talking about the one with the shoe on it, its for raising and lowering your brake peddle for fitting long and short legged people.

And for these 3valve engines it can be used as the kick starter to get them running again.

rogere1

Reaction score
if you are talking about the one with the foot, it is to adjust the pedals either up or down for the memory of either driver 1 or 2

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
windshield washer button. At least that's where my four Expys had them.

William A

Reaction score
I think the question is regarding to the little round switch closest to the steering column. It does look like a factory switch, but I don't think it is. It does look like a switch used for aftermarket fog lights, back up lights, or a light bar perhaps.

grantpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is almost definitely for sure possibly an aftermarket kit switch of some sort. Air shocks? Plasma-rectifying doo-hickey?