What year expedition to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know if Ford would have sealed the window proper, and not skimped on the threads for the spark plugs, first editions were the best models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the replacement plugs you buy today are fully threaded to address that issue. That and slightly over-tightening them makes it a non-issue.

The window thing is a bit more involved.

sphillips

Reaction score
Thx again moose, I have scanner at work, will it show a code even though no SEL?

Checked with scanner, noCodes. Drove the car for 1.5hrs, stopped, put it in park, 1000rpm idle, grrrrr!

BTW, engine runs smooth as silk, just idles too high

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today I had another guy admiring my 2000 expy, and he said he wanted a first edition. I told him besides the thread issue with the heads, I've been relatively happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, as the owner of a 2000 Eddie Bauer, as far as looks are concerned I really, really like the looks of my Expy and have received compliments about it from passers-by. No doubt the newer models are higher-tech etc. but they can't compete when it comes to appearance IMO!

backnine29

Reaction score
I also have a 2000 Eddie Bauer (white) that gets comments about its great condition inside and out and its simple look. Tan leather interior still flawless now entering 17 years after purchase. 126K miles and no major problems.

dschallmo98expo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is 98 converted to 2000 5.4L motor due to horse power. I love mine. would not purchase a new one for anything in the world. They don't make them like that anymore. feel safer in mine then in most cars.