what's the best tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93F-150

Reaction score
looks like my 08 is going to need new tires soon. I want something that looks great (little bit rugged) but also performs well in snow/ice, mud, etc and lasts awhile with quite a bit of highway driving. will be bumping up the size to 265/75r18s too

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For a little more aggresive and better looking, try the Hankook Dynapro ATM. Ran them on the wife's exploder with no issues and see several Expys around here with them

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had luck with the Hankook Dynapro ATM, I would never buy foreign tires but my son in law said they were the only tire that would hold up in the woods, he is a forester. Anyway he bought a set 4 years ago for his 99 F-250, still look like new after many trips to Cali, Oregon and Montana. So I bought a set for my 04 Dodge 1500 a year and a half ago, still look new, handle every road condition remarkably. Last week I put Discounts Tires rendition (Pathfinder) of the same on my 05 Expedition King Ranch, only because they didn't have 4 Hankook tires in stock. We are currently having heavy snow and ice in Oregon and they drive like the pavement is dry, The Discount Tires version also has the snowflake mark on the sidewall so rated for snow. There are good reviews about the Hankook comparing against other tires, one of the better is a comparison with what off roaders call the premier tire, Toyo and BF Goodrich All Terrain, Dynapro beat them all. I would rate the Hankook Dynapro better then Discounts Tires copy, they say made by Hankook.
These Dynapros ride very smooth, but firm like a truck should ride, no road noise and the tread is fairly aggressive and wears like iron. I will never buy anything but them with all my rigs. I have had all the other common brands on rigs through my 50 years of driving and these Dynapros can't be beat, especially for the price
Buy a set, you won't be disappointed

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to say Hankook makes good tires. When I was looking for performance tires for my Trans Am I settled on some Hankook because the price was right and they were a 60K tire. They stick the road quite well for a low profile profile tired and I don't get any flaky wear. I put a set on my 6s after the michelins wore out and they were great as well.

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Cooper Discoverer AT/3! I've had Michelin LTX, but they were just ok in snow and terrible in sand/mud. I've also had the Bridgestone AT tire. These Coopers are the best yet. Awesome in the rain/snow. They are quiet on the road, I can't wait to try them in the mud. The tire pattern looks great. My uncle runs these on both his super duty and ranger and he loves them too. I'm also running the 265/75/18 on F150 FX4 rims. Mine are 10 ply. It does ride a little harder, but pulling the camp trailer is great!20161008_143115.jpg

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires on my 20 inch rims. I do a lot of skiing in the winter and pull a fishing boat all over "tarnation" when things aren't frozen over. The Michelins are quiet and stable. They work well on and off road - especially well in the snow. I shopped widely for them and after all the "add on" fees; used tire disposal, mounting and balancing fee, TPS tune up, delivery fee, etc... I was surprised that the best all-in price was at Sears - significantly better than the web-based retailers! Bottom line total price was $805 for 4 new Michelins.

Qatarguy

Reaction score
I have the Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires on my 20 inch rims. I do a lot of skiing in the winter and pull a fishing boat all over "tarnation" when things aren't frozen over. The Michelins are quiet and stable. They work well on and off road - especially well in the snow. I shopped widely for them and after all the "add on" fees; used tire disposal, mounting and balancing fee, TPS tune up, delivery fee, etc... I was surprised that the best all-in price was at Sears - significantly better than the web-based retailers! Bottom line total price was $805 for 4 new Michelins.

Loved the rims on your Expy '12 !:)