What's the most - off set can I go ?? Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gruz you are the freaking man. Got me feeling more confident on what I can fit. Only thing I'm a little confused about is the pinch weld. What exactly did you use on it? I'm tempted to go ahead and get the 35's now because I love the look of yours.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gruz you are the freaking man. Got me feeling more confident on what I can fit. Only thing I'm a little confused about is the pinch weld. What exactly did you use on it? I'm tempted to go ahead and get the 35's now because I love the look of yours.
Thanks brother! But you'll see what I mean when you trim the gender liner on the firewall side in the fronts. The pinch weld sticks wayyy out toward the wheel so what I did was just banged it all in more with a mallet so it sits as flush as possible against/with the firewall (away from the wheel/tire) and then I sprayed it with some undercoat spray. c5f785cfbad69d441106065ecf8306bb.jpg 917b053bad787598a607f62586014c5f.jpg
Here's 2 more pics from tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh ok I see what you mean now! I shouldn't have any problem getting that done. Sorry about replying so late, just got in from work. As soon as mybtac return comes in I plan on ordering the wheels and tires. You guys have any recommendations?

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome back from work, always the best time of day! I must say Gruz, you are making lifted life look better and better, I don't have the $$ for it yet but when I do it will be hard to resist!

So I actually have something to add to the discussion on tires, I will throw in my input. On my F150 I got ATs; 31" BFG KO2s, just put them on a month or two ago. 6ad820c4b61d25675a9a9d19b770a5c6.jpg0fd53f4f5af2075a57fd3ffd764224e1.jpg
Now I will admit that I have yet to take them off road, but everything I heard about these tires has been positive. With our CO winter as mild as it was, I was still able to test them out in the snow and ice, and I have zero complaints in that department. Plus they look badass! [emoji631]
Only thing negative to say is that they are not light. I did go two sizes bigger too, but the difference is noticeable in acceleration, so I will have to regear when I go to 33s. So if you are open to tuning and regearing (which going to 35s I would hope you are) they will be pretty solid as an all arounder. But if you are spending 99% of your off road time in the mud, then going to a MT is a good idea. Can't help much in the wheel department, still thinking on that one. Hopefully this helped a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a nice looking truck my man. I'm sitting here as we speak looking at different wheels and tires online. Have any of y'all had any experience with custom offsets website? I find myself going back to them again and again trying to find what fits and what doesn't.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a nice looking truck my man. I'm sitting here as we speak looking at different wheels and tires online. Have any of y'all had any experience with custom offsets website? I find myself going back to them again and again trying to find what fits and what doesn't.
Thanks bud! That is my pride and joy, I love the Expy a helluva lot but that truck was my 1st so it has a special place in my heart. I'm afraid I have no experience on the website, hopefully Gruz or someone else lifted can add something there. I'm off to bed so see everyone in the AM!

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You do the same my man!

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never ordered from custom offsets but I do hear good things about them, my wheels came from 4wheelparts and I got my tires shipped in from a local shop up the road from my house... on a side note in maybe summer of 2018 I'm going to go with some mud terrains as well, the Goodyear mtr with Kevlar to be exact, I think that's a beautiful tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexNorton74

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have a lot of different calculators and stuff too which can be helpful. I thought about ordering from them because they mount and balance the tires for free before shipping.