What's the secret to removing the #4 coil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackburb

Reaction score
Besides being behind the firewall, it's also under the hvac hoses. How does one get to this ******?

AZ59apacheguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You also might have to remove the fuel rail on that side. If you are going to all that trouble, it's good practice to replace the spark plugs as well

OP
OP
B

blackburb

Reaction score
Yup, had to remove fuel rail and unplug two hard plastic vacuum lines to move them out of the way. Still a tight fit for my average size hands. Glad they aren't any bigger!

jerzeyscrew

Reaction score
I got lucky, I guess, with my 2001 f-150 because it has a body lift. Looking at my bone stock 2000 Ex, makes me wonder (how?) when the time comes.

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The secret? Jack Daniels, a lawn chair, and convincing your teenager they should get hands on experience changing spark plugs on POSSIBLY.. their future vehicle.:drink_nl::waytogo:

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The secret? Jack Daniels, a lawn chair, and convincing your teenager they should get hands on experience changing spark plugs on POSSIBLY.. their future vehicle.:drink_nl::waytogo:
My 12 yr old would accept that challenge. Would be a nice change of pace from tearing apart his dirt bike.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

...and 5 to 50 grand rainy day money in case the poor thing never runs again?

Or is there some hope for the future generation yet, and you hiding a batch of young uns raised on tools not tweets???

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...and 5 to 50 grand rainy day money in case the poor thing never runs again?

Or is there some hope for the future generation yet, and you hiding a batch of young uns raised on tools not tweets???
Oh it'll run again... No doubt there... That kid doesn't stop until he figures it out. He'll scour YouTube for do it yourself videos and if they fail he asks what FB friends i have that are gear heads (dirt bike and auto). We actually tapped one last week when he was having a leaky carb issue and had to crack it open to see if the needle valve or the float was the issue. All i did was call my fb friend put him on speaker and those 2 just took it from there... Sounded like 2 old bikers... The kid knows his shit... But yeah raised on tools. Dad's a former CH35 crew chief (that's Chinook helicopters) who now works on plastic injection mold machines, and I've been into cars for about 30 years so I guess it's in his blood. He'd rather raid the discount tool bin at the store than the video bin. I came home the other day with a torques bit set and a ratchet attachment for his drill and you'd have thought I gave him a golden goose .. He wants a compressor for Christmas...I raise gear heads and Marines (my 22 yr old is USMC infantry, light armored recon).

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
next couple weeks I'm ordering new shocks, got new front outer tie rod ends last week and lil dude keeps busting my chops about when we're putting it all on...(after all that I realize you were likely taking to Chris and not to me adieu but i can't find any option to delete my comment)

Last edited: