Wheel Hub Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats what I mean dont know what you are talking about

I have worked on literally THOUSANDS of vehicles with steel wheels. back when plastic dip was something you put on tool handles not cars

does your mommy know you are on the internet?

Last edited:

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...?

Whose pain and sufferring am I being insensitive to here, exactly?

Buy a dictionary and get a GED already.

I've only ever had one vehicle with steel wheels, my expy, and not for long at that. They come off just fine without, and besides, I've had plastidip or bedliner on em the entire time and would thus look for other solutions....so nope, I've never applied a torch to em.

Only to seized up suspension bolts on a bimmer. Didn't help much, btw, not until I broke out the candlewax

Applying heat to stuck steel wheels is a common thing in rust belt states and New England, especially on tractor trailers/large trucks. Its not to burn off the paint/finish, it heats the moisture in the corrosion and causes steam which expands (and dries to dust) along with the typically metal expansion and does quite literally pop the wheel right off. Most stock steelies are gloss black and a quick blast with some cheapo spray paint (which almost all shops have on hand for reasons like this) covers it right over. When customers have problems with brakes/hubs/wheel bearings/etc. they care less about the wheel finish than a properly operating vehicle.

Candle wax?? What do you do with candle wax??