when idle it goes dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Does it stutter, or drop RPM's before it dies? Or just die. Plus what was the original code. That may help us diagnose a bit.

Woodrow34

Reaction score
sounds a lot like what I just had going on with mine. Check the elbow coming out from the intake. Lane24 can provide detailed instructions on where what and how to find and fix. My elbow had completely collapsed others have talked about a hole on the back side.
$35 part here in CA and only available at dealer in my area kcv-225 was the part number.

Lawdawg101

Reaction score
It may be your MAF sensor i know when mine started goin out it would idle for a little bit but if i even gave a little gas it would kill itself IDK thats the best i got.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
It may be your MAF sensor i know when mine started goin out it would idle for a little bit but if i even gave a little gas it would kill itself IDK thats the best i got.

If you aren't quite sure what or where the MAF is, It's covered under that same thread I linked to. On the second page. You need to clean that every few months as well. My CEL has come on twice due to a dirty sensor. You def. get idle problems there too.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im sure this has been checked...but this happened to me and was my problem...check the intake and make sure it isnt loose or off where it connects to the tube and the throttle body...mine was loose at the throttle bottle and barely on at the filter connection...cut off everytime i came to a stop light