Which Gen 3 is the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of the 2007 to 2017 Expedition EL Limited which year has the best value and overall performance?
I have a 2007 EL Limited that has served me well but thinking of upgrading with one that has the later technology and conveniences.
I'd like towing packages and 3.73 rear end with all the other options.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
2016 Platinum el 3.73 gears 4x4 hd towing

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
I had a '05 EB. I much prefer my '16 EL XLT eventhough it has less "stuff".

UncleDJ

Reaction score
Luvin' my 14 Limited EL 4x4. I think it's the last year for the 5.4. Folks seem to like the Ecoboost, but I'm kinda old school and I just couldn't get comfortable with the idea of a 6 banger pulling around a 6000 pound vehicle....especially if I'm towing with it.:waytogo:

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of the 2007 to 2017 Expedition EL Limited which year has the best value and overall performance?
I have a 2007 EL Limited that has served me well but thinking of upgrading with one that has the later technology and conveniences.
I'd like towing packages and 3.73 rear end with all the other options.

15-17

Luvin' my 14 Limited EL 4x4. I think it's the last year for the 5.4. Folks seem to like the Ecoboost, but I'm kinda old school and I just couldn't get comfortable with the idea of a 6 banger pulling around a 6000 pound vehicle....especially if I'm towing with it.:waytogo:

Lots of guys on here regularly pull close to or at the limit and have no complaints. I’m one of them.

I’m a little young to be “old school” but I’ve never been comfortable with the “it has to have 8 cylinders to tow efficiently” crowd. The ecoboost makes more power and torque yet because it’s missing two cylinders it makes you uncomfortable. That’s just odd to me

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll just never ever understand the ecoboost naysayers. My 2015 Limited EL hauls bottom...any moment I need it to. And driving in Kansas City traffic every day this month has definitely made me fall in love with the brisk acceleration. Still handles like a boat, but I love it. My opinion is any of the Ecoboost expeditions are wonderful.... aside from the dumb Ford paint issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll just never ever understand the ecoboost naysayers. My 2015 Limited EL hauls bottom...any moment I need it to. And driving in Kansas City traffic every day this month has definitely made me fall in love with the brisk acceleration. Still handles like a boat, but I love it. My opinion is any of the Ecoboost expeditions are wonderful.... aside from the dumb Ford paint issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Isn't it a little early to declare the ecoboost the champion? It's been in use for 3 years in the expys, right?
Get back to me in 10 years.