Which muffler for a bit of rumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Dynomax series 40 on my Expedition and love it. Not as throaty as I want it to be, but sounds better and doesn't piss my wife off either

Last edited:

Michael Jones Jr

Reaction score
This week I a had Flowmaster Delta 50s put on my 2010 expo. I had the same concerns as you and they met my expectations. Nice drone, but very quiet on the road and at idle.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original 40... loudest in 40 series...i heave 40 on now buy going to order 10 series to be loud.. might take out resonator 1st to see how it sounds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jeff55v

Reaction score
Months ago, I installed shorty headers to replace rusted through manifolds. Just today I replaced my exhaust from the Y pipe back. Original pipes are 2 1/2”. I went with 3” Dynomax pipes and a 3” Flowmaster 50 muffler. I wasn’t sure how subtle the sound would be, with all factors considered. It turned out to be only slightly louder than O.E. A nice deep tone, and very tolerable inside the truck.

83BC46E3-94A9-46D1-AD17-314DD13636E7.jpeg

2BFAD961-3C7F-45E2-B97A-A7EDF42177C2.jpeg

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If anyone from this thread could tell me why after putting on a different muffler my expy interior vibrates I'd appreciate it. It's driving my wife nuts but I like how it sounds and want to keep it, the whole floor vibrates and I need a fix.

ThwopKing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If anyone from this thread could tell me why after putting on a different muffler my expy interior vibrates I'd appreciate it. It's driving my wife nuts but I like how it sounds and want to keep it, the whole floor vibrates and I need a fix.
Is called drone...or your exhaust is hitting the under carriage