Which year should I go for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We're only a year apart, I'm 61, and dirt riding was what so many of us did back then. I had Yamaha 175 and 250 enduros. Never raced motocross, I had friends that raced at the Cow palace indoors back then. Other friends raced flat track, either 1/2 or mile. Sacramento and San Jose were the ones. Basically horse tracks that triumph and Harley 750's would race at 120 mph plus in the dirt. Ah good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I grew up in the SW, Arizona. So mostly desert racing. I was 6'5" 220# so too big to be competitive with the smaller guys in motocross, but tried it anyway. I ran the 4 strokes mostly, normally Hondas. As the bigger bikes came out I bought them, the Yamaha TT-500, Yamaha MX-500 (2-stroke, short lived), Honda XR-500.
Growing up in the heyday of muscle cars I soon started building trucks and cars. 69 Plymouth Road Runner, v-8 powered Chevy Vega's (I always thought, big engines in small cars go fast), 38 Chevy (looked like a Willy's). Always built my own engines as we didn't have money to buy ready mades. And built many, many 4x4 trucks through the years.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I personally recommend the 2v over the 3v but the EcoBoost over all

Might I remind you I am 3v owner... That right there alone should tell you something.

Listen to Moose on this one, even though he's a grumpy old man ;-P

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool, I've got a good friend that works at the Ford dealer where I live, used to go to high school with has 35 restored dirt bikes. I know that would bring back the old days.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Grumpiness comes with age/ pain. Check back with me when your 61, see if your not a little grumpy!

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool, a term of our years. That would be neat to have all those bikes. I collect when I can, but the wife don't go for that stuff.
They shouldn't let old farts on here, we ramble on too long:O)

Oh, oh, Habb nailed you. Grumpy old man. Hell, now there are 2 of us:O)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theirs actually about 6-10 of us. Our electrical gurus are of the senior persuasion, and they are some of the most knowledgeable ones out there. I have worked with some of the best, these guys are good!

OP
OP
F

Funstuie

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I am keeping an eye on what's out there at the moment. It's slim pickings with my budget (unless I want 200k plus miles on the clock). The other issue is grotty and ripped interior.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Craigs List, you will find one. I watch the list as far down as you are in Cali. and see quit a few from time to time that will fit your budget. The Navigator might be one of interest as well, typically old fart owned, like myself and better maintained. Another good source is CarGurus.com

Good luck, I have seen a number of them here in Oregon that would work for you

Gary

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01