Which year should I go for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A nice clean EB on Craigs List North of you in Woodbridge. 100k miles, white gold bottom. 6900.00.

Might be interested in an offer. And it should have a pre 3v motor, which is a good thing.

A green one, 05 closer in Palo Alto. 77k miles. Looks clean, would need new drivers seat upholstry, 6500.00.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Funstuie

Reaction score
A nice clean EB on Craigs List North of you in Woodbridge. 100k miles, white gold bottom. 6900.00.

Might be interested in an offer. And it should have a pre 3v motor, which is a good thing.

A green one, 05 closer in Palo Alto. 77k miles. Looks clean, would need new drivers seat upholstry, 6500.00.

Thanks mate. The one in Palo Alto returned my message right away but hasn't responded since. I asked if it was ok to have a mechanic look over it and he stopped responding.

I will check out the Woodbridge one.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will find one. Also a black Navigator in your area, I can't remember the mileage but it was low.
Looked it up, 2002, 84k, black and shiny, located in Gilroy, 6000 OBO

Good luck, yep get a mechanic to look at them.

Last edited:

Tdh777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2003 2 wheel drive with a 4.6 I have had absolutely no issues from the time I bought it and had a hundred and seven thousand miles on it I'm now it close to 150000 drives great runs great. Just look for one that's been well taken care of and maintained

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fundstuie, send me a pm, I have a friend that picked up a clean white 98 Eddie Bauer, real clean. We're in Daly City,ca close to you. Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt460

Reaction score
I decided to look for a 2011 for these reasons:
-The 6R80 6-speed transmission, upgraded from the prior 6R75, and now very highly rated as a solid replacement for the old workhorse 4R100.
-May examples on the market for sale with less than 100K miles
-Larger display for back-up camera
-ability to upgrade the Navigation and Sync systems to latest levels
-5.4L 3V finally getting good ratings after all the earlier issues

I wanted the Expedition for towing my open car trailer to out-of-tow car shows but I did mot want to drive some long wheelbase 4-door pickup truck as my daily, which seemed the only alternative.

I found a 2011 2WD XLT Premium in Dallas, TX that was a 1-owner with 78K miles. So I flew to Dallas, checked it out and bought it and drove it home (17.2mpg at 70-75mph). Very happy with it so far. It has every option I wanted and only one that I did not (the sun roof) but I understand that came with the package. I paid $17,900. which was a good price as compared to other 2011s that I investigated.

If I had the funds, I would have gone for a 2015-up with the 3.5L Eco to get even more towing power and better FE. I have a good friend with a F150 Eco and it tows great and gets great FE as compared to his prior 5.4L 3V.

Just my thoughts.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funstuie I sent you a pm. Check your box, Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes