Whistle while you work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my truck had started to whistle when running. Everything I've read tells me an intake line is failing and sucking air. Which sounds ******* hilarious and makes people look around for the emergency vehicle.

Started last night after dark, haven't found it yet, but about to go see if I can find it. Just think it's great fun and thought it might help anyone else troubleshoot.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can check these:
-spark plugs for looseness
-serpentine belt tensioner
-alternator bearing
-transmission vent cap

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I went out and searched the engine bay, everything looks 20 years old, but nothing screamed busted. Wiggled everything and now it's not making the noise. So looks like I'm waiting for it to happen again to try and troubleshoot again.

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
vacuume lines might have been loose wiggling it helped seat correctly. But that sounds like intake leak though. Next time happens get a can of carb cleaner spray lightly on areas of air/vacuum lines listen for rpm increase.

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May have gone overkill on the whistle...

IMG_20171118_115901.jpg

Haven't heard a whistle since last night. In my defense I paid $90 for it...

Some heater hose as make shift hoses till Monday when my guy is bringing me in high quality silicone lines for me.