White vapor/smoke right side engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickperez

Reaction score
yesterday after I turned on the AC a white vapor/smoke/gas? started to come out from below the right of the engine. It was not the engine oil, transmission oil, no coolant, no brake fluids. A friend said something about the AC compressor being "blown" and the white vapor/smoke/gas was the oil from the AC compressor plus a pipe that perhaps exploded.

Obviously, I am going to take it to the mechanic but for the sake of previous experiences, does anyone know what was that?

Note: AC fan blows but no cool air. Will not use the AC to prevent further damage. No engine or warning lights on the dashboard. Nothing was reported on an OBD scanner. (I use BlueDriver)
This is a 2005 Eddie Bauer Expy

Harry

Reaction score
Did you get it fixed? I just had the same issue this morning. AC stopped blowing cool air. And I smelled smoke. Popped the hood, and I saw smoke from the right side of the engine. No coolant leak or oil.