Who has the most miles on the odometer of their expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im at 151,*** in my 2006 XLT. Hoping to make it to 200k... Truck needs new cats, will tackle that project in a week or so. Tired of staring at check engine light.

Keep debating on getting a 3rd Gen Expedition but problems seem more common with those...

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Fellas, new here post-wise but been up & down the forum for years when working on my '04 XLT.
My '04 XLT has 217,498 bought it with 21,700.
Replaced the usual - radiator/Alt,/Fuel Pump(s). Outside of the fuel pump relay issues and the water /windshield/Cylinder it's the best car I've ever had, at least a tie with a 1996 Toyota Camry I had with 271,000 plus on it.
I drive it daily still and I would suggest the model/year EXP to anyone. One piece plugs, good 5.4 motor, most flaws were worked out by then.
You will eventually have the usual fuel/air issue since the fuel pump relay is non-serviceable but don't go buying pumps, the relay will heat up and cause a no-run condition but the fuse box under the glove compartment is plug and play - bought a used fuse block at the local snatch-a-part and plugged it right in and went. Of course all of ya'll know this and all about the windshield/water and it fouling plugs and (fouls plugs usually #3) on mine.

WhAt does the windshield/water do? Details please

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Fellas, new here post-wise but been up & down the forum for years when working on my '04 XLT.
My '04 XLT has 217,498 bought it with 21,700.
Replaced the usual - radiator/Alt,/Fuel Pump(s). Outside of the fuel pump relay issues and the water /windshield/Cylinder it's the best car I've ever had, at least a tie with a 1996 Toyota Camry I had with 271,000 plus on it.
I drive it daily still and I would suggest the model/year EXP to anyone. One piece plugs, good 5.4 motor, most flaws were worked out by then.
You will eventually have the usual fuel/air issue since the fuel pump relay is non-serviceable but don't go buying pumps, the relay will heat up and cause a no-run condition but the fuse box under the glove compartment is plug and play - bought a used fuse block at the local snatch-a-part and plugged it right in and went. Of course all of ya'll know this and all about the windshield/water and it fouling plugs and (fouls plugs usually #3) on mine.

That's pretty much all I did with my Mountaineer as well - best vehicle I ever had. I wish I could say the same about my Expedition. 6 months in, 90K on the clock, and repairs are already in the $10K range.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
119k here, which is good cause I'm in no mood of trying to maintain a high milage car again any time soon. I say that cause one of my previous cars which I owned since new 03 Chevy Monte w/ 3.4L that car had 774,*** on it (original never rebuilt motor but several transmissions later) & it would've kept going had I not been T-boned to all hell by a drunk driver in a guess what??? A 2nd gen expedition.

Oh the irony.

RevHeat

Reaction score
2000 Ford Expo, bought new. I have 312k miles. Everything original except for the timing chain, fuel pump, alternator and starter. Use Mobil One Fully Synth which I change every 6k since I bought new.

97expedition80

Reaction score
97 expedition Eddie Bauer model with the 5.4 in it and I got over 300 on mine. Still strong. With a few lil issues that just started.

Texpedition

Reaction score
Today I turned over 325,325 on my '98. Yesterday I had a new starter put in and I believe it's only the second starter. Still running strong and my goal is 500,000.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
500k is doable but I bet you'll be more bored of the car than anything else, even after the continuous repairs.

My last car (03 Monte Carlo) made it to 774,*** or so miles I was the only owner, I drove it for 14 years and I drove it a lot. Back in my college days I had a 100 miles commute 4 days of the week for four years & the miles stacked quickly. Only reason I kept it was that it was proving to be far more reliable than I expected, I did rebuild the transmission twice but I rather spend 1200 on a rebuild on a reliable car than 30-50x that amount on a new car. Was a sad day to see it go but I got T-boned by an 06 expedition and suffered frame damage beyond repair, funny thing I'm driving an identical truck now, same color too.......oh the irony.

Last edited: