Why No Wheel Choices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Expedition EL (17) and also the Max (18) in Platinum trim and notice that there are NO wheel options other than the one 22 inch wheel that comes with it. Has this lack of wheel options always been the case with the Expy? I'm comparing it to the Suburban and Yukon XL Denali where you can pick from all sorts (around ten or eleven) of 22 inch wheels to give your truck the exact look you want.

Is this just how it is with Expy?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this has always been the case with the wxpy since its inception. Only the 3rd gen expy had any option for wheels and that was not until the 2012 my where the limited could be optioned with the 20in wheels that came with the king ranch model. Thats always been an issue i had with the expy, im still thinkin of askin my dealer to exchange the wheels for the 20in chrome wheels on the f150

S

Sam Niknia

Unfortunately, this has always been the case with the wxpy since its inception. Only the 3rd gen expy had any option for wheels and that was not until the 2012 my where the limited could be optioned with the 20in wheels that came with the king ranch model. Thats always been an issue i had with the expy, im still thinkin of askin my dealer to exchange the wheels for the 20in chrome wheels on the f150

I hope this changes with the 2018 once they get production up and running. The Platinum model wheels are nice, but not tough in my opinion. I would love to see something more masculine and tough with dramatic lines and hard edges, similar to some of the Yukon offerings. In chrome and black. Wow, that would be so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the gm wheel offerings on all they trucks

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they offer a black 22” wheel for the Platinum. It would look so good on this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would def puk up the blacked out current plat rims from ebay if i got a plat model for my 18

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you seen the 2018 Navigator rims? They are some of the ugliest rims I have ever seen.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you seen the 2018 Navigator rims? They are some of the ugliest rims I have ever seen.
Which ones, the turbine ones or the painted ones? I initially felt this way about the turbine one but they have grown on me, I am not looking forward to cleaning them though.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the navi select and reserve wheels, they look amazing.