Window popping out of rubber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UtilityCow

Reaction score
Don't know how to title this, but anyone seen this before? My driver window when rolling up leans out of the truck and out of the rubber window weather stripping. Been like this since I purchased, so I can't blame an event. My wife has trouble remembering to manually pull the window inwards while rolling up and that drives me nuts.

tmp_22720-20170122_1531541674303347.jpg

OP
OP
UtilityCow

UtilityCow

Reaction score
Same with mine. I guess you need to align the glass from the inside panel.

I took the door panel off once but didn't have much time to really check it out. Had to put it back together.
It almost looked like the rear window track had come lose from spot welds and was pointing the window outwards.
I'm glad I'm not alone here, just hoping someone has a solution.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might want to pull the passenger side for comparison. Check them both out, and I'm sure you'll find the culprit. Something's either worn or misadjusted. Remember your drivers side gets used 5-10 times more often than the other 3. That's why motors and all other parts fail that much earlier. These are easy panels to pull, you might want to repair before it gets worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpeltzel

Reaction score
Yeah mine is doing that same thing, I've pulled the panel to look for some kind of adjustment. Looks like the only thing to do is replace the rubber track that goes around the windows frame and maybe a "bend" or "tweak" on the window regulator. I've gotten mine "adjusted" during the summer only to fall off again when it got cold.

OP
OP
UtilityCow

UtilityCow

Reaction score
Perfect. Somebody else with the same problem.
I was thinking about replacing the regulator because my window seems to lean forward while raising.

Zippy124

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. My window looked just like the picture. I took my door apart to try to find a problem or solution but to no avail. I thought, "A little lubrication can't hurt", so I sprayed the track with some silicone and, voila, no more popping out of the track.

OP
OP
UtilityCow

UtilityCow

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. My window looked just like the picture. I took my door apart to try to find a problem or solution but to no avail. I thought, "A little lubrication can't hurt", so I sprayed the track with some silicone and, voila, no more popping out of the track.

Seriously? Lubrication? I'll gladly try such a cheap solution. It seems like the window is pointing outward as it moves up.
It's still doing it after all these years of ownership. I've trained the wife to pull in on the window as she rolls it up.
I'm about to replace the door lock solenoid so I thought I'd look at it again, maybe this time with my scope camera.

devadip

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. It was on my list to fix this spring. It is one of my pet peeves of my truck. When someone else drives it and lowers the window, they do not grab the window when it goes up to and the window pops out of the track. I will try the lubrication trick.

2017-08-31 11.47.02.jpg

OP
OP
UtilityCow

UtilityCow

Reaction score
I'm actually working on this right now. Just finished replacing a weak door lock actuator and I'm running the window up and down with the panel off.
It kind of looks like the regulator is bent and not going up straight. I'm still fooling with it...