window regulator/ door handle problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

districk81

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay my 2000EB had a messed up window when I got a few weeks ago. the driver side door wouldn't open from the inside and the window wouldn't roll down. I took the door panel off to find the regulator was all bent up and the rod going from the handle to the latch was bent. it looks like the regulator got cought on the rod that goes from the latch to the handle. I got a new regulator and put it on. now the new regulator hits the rod thing. so now the window will roll up and down but the door won't open from the inside b/c I have to leave the rod off for it to work. so were do I find one of those rods at. can I order it off ebay or can't I just get one from a junk yard. whats the trick to getting it off? I can get it disconnected from the handle that's easy the other end connected to the latching mechanism is giving me problems. maybe I should just try and bend it out of the way and make it work its really hard to bend any tips would be helpful anybody ever had this problem before?

News flash: ok I got some visegrips and some channellocks and wrestled it into submission. the door opens and with window works haray!!

Last edited:

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have my doors apart doing a swap- The rod from the interior handle to the inside is supposed to be bent