Windows and liftgate issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffror

Reaction score
Hello - I found this site yesterday. I am having two issues with my '08 Expedition Limited. First is that all four of my windows are slow to close and my DS window squeeks pretty bad. I have seen a few posts here that mention some potential issues as well as a potential TSB....maybe more grease on the windows.

My other issue is my liftgate. When it is cold outside, it can take several times to open it and have it stay open. It seems as if the shocks can take some time to build up pressure. I brought it into the dealer last year for the same problem and they replaced the shocks. Appearantly that isn't the silver bullet.

Anyway, I plan on taking the track back to the dealer this Friday, albeit I am out of warranty, for my state inspection, general inspection and to look at both of these issues. In the meantime, if anyone can provide me some input to either of these issues, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Bob

ps - beyond these two issues, I love this truck.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When it is cold outside, my DS window is slow to close. As far as the liftgate struts, there are Heavy Duty ones you can purchase that will help in the colder weather. Unfortunately I do not have a part # for you, but NAPA would be a good place to start as they have been a good source for other Ford's for hood struts that work for heavier aftermarket hoods.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger