Windshield Washer Fluid (part 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is your Expedition? Mine is suddenly leaking from the reservoir too out of the blue, not sure what caused it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
His is a 2017 yours is a 2012
This is a good example of why members should have a signature line

Now most likely some a hole will say I should not be posting is his 3rd gen section when I only have a 2nd gen expy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your Expedition? Mine is suddenly leaking from the reservoir too out of the blue, not sure what caused it.
I've not looked at the Expedition washer bottle design but some have the pump that goes through the side of the bottle and when the gasket gets brittle is starts to leak there and I have seen some bottles that just split at the seams from expansion and contraction when the weather changes.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
His is a 2017 yours is a 2012
This is a good example of why members should have a signature line

Now most likely some a hole will say I should not be posting is his 3rd gen section when I only have a 2nd gen expy

You shouldn’t be posting in THE 3rd gen section because you provide nothing of any value concerning the 3rd gen platform.

Thanks
A Hole

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And did you take over OWNERSHIP OF THIS FORUM or change how this forum works

FYI THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM FOR THE MEMBERS TO POST WHERE AND WHAT THE CARE TO POST TO HELP OTHERS.

What I really enjoy is that certain members think they are better than other members JUST BECAUSE THEY OWN SOMETHING NEWER

So I guess that makes them smarter that someone that is smarter and does provide correct
information

A member came on this thread and asked a question (post #13) I find it totally amazing that I was the only member to answer his question.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys come on let’s chill out. Everyone can post wherever they want on this forum. I frequent the 2nd gen section and this hostility does not exist there when I post. Nobody said they were better than anyone else. This argument was over a month ago. I don’t have any knowledge on the windshield washer system so I’m of no use there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthGeorgia

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 'tech' showed me where the leak was caused. He still contends that it was a factory error and that is why the "seal" dried out and cracked......I guess from sitting waiting for me to buy the vehicle. The 'seal' is where the pump (gosh pump is small!) is pushed into the tank. The pump must not have been pushed in all the way? consequently the seal was exposed and 'dried up' and cracked???

Maybe my description is a bit vague and not totally descriptive of what happened but I think I have given an idea of what happened.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the update

The tank and pump are two separate units and the way the pump installs into the tank is normal and also uses a seal. Doesn't make a difference on the tank size or shape or the generation of a expy the pump mounts into the tank