Windshield washer fluid will not wash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lifejacket

Reaction score
My windshield washer fluid will not dispence. I checked the fuse, replaced the pump. I don't know what to do next. Any help would e great.
Thanks.

wstuler

Reaction score
My 98Eb was doing the same thing and I found that the passenger side floor board was getting wet. I looked around behind the plastic trim molding on the passenger floor and found that the hose had come uplugged...it connects here to run back to the back window washer. This was causing the whole problem. Every time I turned on the washer fluid it was emptying on the floorboard. Hope that helps!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the "squirters" are plugged? A needle might help.

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last year I had a similar problem on the center sprayer on my 03 xp. It turned out the sprayer had clogged up. I took a very small needle and cleaned out the jet. I has worked good since. Another problem could be the outside temperature. If it gets cold enough sometimes they'll freeze. You can buy a washer additive, its kind of like anti-freeze for windshield washer fluid. The fluid is also sold with the additive already in it. The brand I use is called purple power. Hope that helps

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess have some one activate the pump for you while you are near the pump in the engine compartment. If you cant hear it or feel it run, it could be shot since you said you already checked the fuses. It could be something as simple as a short in a wire also. Check all the hoses to make sure they are connected. If that doesn't do it, it may be time to take it to your Ford dealer.

OP
OP
L

lifejacket

Reaction score
I bought a rear wiper motor to replace the one that is not working. I started to unbolt the motor and noticed a plug dangling I looked around the motor saw a empty port pluged it in and the wiper went to home. I shut the back lid and turned on the rear wiper worked fine, tried the washer fluid for kicks and again woked fine for front & rear. I thought that maybe I should replace the current one with the one I bought from salvage out of a 2006. After inspection of the current motor it looked new. The wiper motor & washer fluid did not work the day I bought the suv. I figured the mechanic that replaced the motor never pluged it in. I am still going to hang onto the motor for a while.

The moral of the story:
If your washer fluid & rear wiper motor is not working good chance it's not plugged in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01