Wireless CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...Apple does control it and it has been available for months. BMW has implemented it already. Alpine has aftermarket solutions. VW has announced they are working on it. Ball is in Ford’s court. The new Expy seems to have all the required hardware, hopefully they can implement it.
Now I want it on my 17. Hell it's only 6 months old. :D

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would guess when ford does have wireless carplay its just an sync 3 wifi update away...

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes...Apple does control it and it has been available for months. BMW has implemented it already. Alpine has aftermarket solutions. VW has announced they are working on it. Ball is in Ford’s court. The new Expy seems to have all the required hardware, hopefully they can implement it.
On the encouraging side, Ford has been known to roll out software updates to existing vehicles. Once car play was rolled out to Sync 3, all existing sync 3 owners could download and install it themselves. (I did it for my parents' used 2016 flex...)

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sat in my friend’s new BMW today, it has wireless Apple car play and it’s awesome. The wireless pad charges his iPhone X and he connects immediately to Apple car play. Wow. I hope Ford does the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357