Wireless charging option on 2018 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the wireless charging option on the 2018 Expedition will work the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android Phone?

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya
I purchased a 2018 EXPY in May 2018
It is equipped with the wireless charger & works great with my Galaxy Note 8 phone;)

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the wireless charging but the position of it is less than desirable. I wish they’d of put it in the upper dash tray instead of in the console cubby.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the wireless charging but the position of it is less than desirable. I wish they’d of put it in the upper dash tray instead of in the console cubby.
Wonder how hard it would be to put a wireless charging pad under that top tray/cubby? Wonder how much distance or space between phone and wireless pad there needs to be... A trip to my local car stereo shop may be in order. Just setting you phone in that top tray would be so much easier that the spot where it is currently.

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder how hard it would be to put a wireless charging pad under that top tray/cubby? Wonder how much distance or space between phone and wireless pad there needs to be... A trip to my local car stereo shop may be in order. Just setting you phone in that top tray would be so much easier that the spot where it is currently.

Apparently you can now get wireless chargers that go up to 3 feet! But, back when I was more in touch with that side of tech developments, it's usually about 0.5-1 inches for most mass produced wireless chargers.