Wireless Charging Pad size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
My new Expy Platinum is 7 days out from delivery. Today I’m picking up a new iPhone 8. Will the iPhone 8+ fit on the pad, or do I need to stick with the 8?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Wait till you get a hold of your new car before you go buy and you'll know for sure.

OP
OP
L

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
Wait till you get a hold of your new car before you go buy and you'll know for sure.

Not an option as I needed the new IPhone 8 for my business today. I popped along to my local Ford dealer this morning as they had a Platinum Max on the lot - and the news is YES, the 8+ fits the charging pad - and I had an Otterbox Defender case on it too (I used an older 6+ phone to test this - same size.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not an option as I needed the new IPhone 8 for my business today. I popped along to my local Ford dealer this morning as they had a Platinum Max on the lot - and the news is YES, the 8+ fits the charging pad - and I had an Otterbox Defender case on it too (I used an older 6+ phone to test this - same size.
Good to know. It is kinda hard to tell from the promo videos I’ve seen. How much larger a device could you fit in there? Would it do two if they were stood on their ends?

OP
OP
L

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
Good to know. It is kinda hard to tell from the promo videos I’ve seen. How much larger a device could you fit in there? Would it do two if they were stood on their ends?

Wireless charging requires the back of the phone to lay flat on the pad so I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work that way.

Kevink109

Reaction score

I just tried this out for you- iPhone 7+ fits on the charging pad- you should be good to go