Wiring diagram 2006 expedition heated mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dogman

Reaction score
Okay my 2006 expedition did not come with heated mirrors but, as far as I know they were an option. So I have the inner cover off and the connector visible with 4 wires on the mirror side connector. However the are several wires on the other side of the connector that are not being used. Does anyone have a schematic or diagram that shows what these wires would be used for? Thanks

OP
OP
D

dogman

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the diagrams I think I have it sorted out. What I found on my 2006 expedition was that heated mirrors was an option that year. So I removed the inner door cover and looked at the connector for the mirrors. Per another forum thread whatever it was mentioned that the Green/violet wire in position 1 of the connector was the hot lead for the mirror and position 9 a black wire was the ground. I verified the power and the ground with a dmm. I ran 2 wires up through the loom cover. I bought a replacement heated mirror off amazon. I just need to finish wiring it up. Trying to get the correct pins to use the existing connector for the power was more trouble or money than I wanted to spend. I'm getting some waterproof 2 wire quick connects off amazon that I'll splice into the circuit on the door side and 2 push on connectors .110 insulated with shrink wrap on the mirror side. Thanks again for the help and encouragement. Winter is coming!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the diagrams I think I have it sorted out. What I found on my 2006 expedition was that heated mirrors was an option that year. So I removed the inner door cover and looked at the connector for the mirrors. Per another forum thread whatever it was mentioned that the Green/violet wire in position 1 of the connector was the hot lead for the mirror and position 9 a black wire was the ground. I verified the power and the ground with a dmm. I ran 2 wires up through the loom cover. I bought a replacement heated mirror off amazon. I just need to finish wiring it up. Trying to get the correct pins to use the existing connector for the power was more trouble or money than I wanted to spend. I'm getting some waterproof 2 wire quick connects off amazon that I'll splice into the circuit on the door side and 2 push on connectors .110 insulated with shrink wrap on the mirror side. Thanks again for the help and encouragement. Winter is coming!

It took me a while to figure out that my heated mirrors were controlled by the rear defroster switch. How are you going to control yours?

OP
OP
D

dogman

Reaction score
Well I'm expecting to control my heated mirrors through the rear defrost circuitry as well. I put my meter on the green and purple wire in position 1 and ground and turned the rear defroster on and off a couple of times and verified that it will control the power to heat my rear view mirrors. It should work just like yours do.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That may be so but make sure you fuse the power for the heated mirrors The rear defrost circuit is a 40 amp fuse but the mirrors should be a 10 amp fuse.

Refer to the next post

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dark green violet wire should already be coming from fuse #8 which is the 10 amp fuse

Do you have automatic or manual heater controls Let me know and I will post the wiring diagram for the circuit

OP
OP
D

dogman

Reaction score
well I guess they are manual and I also thought that there was already a fuse in the circuit since I am checking and tapping in at the connector for the mirror in the door at the same connector that the powered mirror and puddle light run from.

OP
OP
D

dogman

Reaction score
I'm assuming that when I turn on the rear window defroster via button on dash my side mirrors will defrost as well and since there is a timer for the rear window defroster it will all turn off at the same time. Magic eh!