Woman with no clue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmyB

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a woman with ZERO knowledge about towing, but I am interested to know if my 2019 Exp Limited (NO HD tow pkg) would pull this trailer. The GVWR on the sticker inside my door says 7400lbs (not sure if this info is helpful)

Please be kind.

5663-224BH.png

Weights & Measures
WEIGHTS
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) view-question.png 4,405
Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs) view-question.png 1,095
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs) view-question.png 5,500
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) view-question.png 400
MEASUREMENTS
Exterior Length 26' 11"
Exterior Height 9' 11"
Exterior Width 8'
Interior Height (living area) 6' 9"
Awning length 13'
TANK CAPACITIES
Fresh Water Capacity (gals) 42
Gray Tank Capacity (gals) 39
Black Tank Capacity (gals) 39
Propane 40 lbs.
Water Heater 6
MISC.
# of outside storage compartments 2
Furnace BTU 20,000
Sleeping Capacity 7-8
Tire Size 14" Goodyear Tires (Made in the USA)

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A 2019 Expedition without the heavy duty tow package is rated at 6000 lbs max trailer weight and 600 lbs of tongue weight without a weight distributing hitch, 930 with one. So this travel trailer is within those specs. You will probably need a weight distributing hitch because the tongue weight is likely to be 600 or higher once the trailer is loaded.

The other number you need to consider is your maximum cargo weight. This will tell you if you have enough to tow that trailer. Take that cargo capacity and subtract 600 lbs (estimated tongue weight of the trailer) then whatever is left over is the total weight of all people and things you can put in.