Wrench Code - Winter Blend Gas to Blame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GaryH2

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So an update on my wench, it was code P0657 and diagnosed as a bad transmission valve body. About $2100 to replace, flush trans, and update PCM. I guess that's ok after 200000 miles. Hopefully getting it back later today.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All that matters is if you are happy. From my viewpoint though the industry is ripping off the clients. If the trans is original they should have pointed out the reasons to replace the trans since all the internals are getting towards the end of their life.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree. I think you made the right decision fixing the valve body... these transmissions can range from $4,000-$6,000 to replace and that original might go another 100k plus, who knows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GaryH2

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree. I think you made the right decision fixing the valve body... these transmissions can range from $4,000-$6,000 to replace and that original might go another 100k plus, who knows.
That's what I was thinking. In spite of the miles, it's in really good shape so it makes sense to spend the money. The cost of the repair is less than the value of the Expy so it's worth it at this point.

It's been paid off for a while now so for the price of a down payment (or half of one...) I'm back on the road ( hopefully for another 100k+ miles).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time will tell but keep in mind that it could also turn out to be a money pit. The tcm is located inside the trans, should that go it is around a additional grand + put into the trans.