XLT Sync Bluetooth - How to switch between paired devices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grant L

Reaction score
I recently picked up a '17 XLT with the base Sync system. I have 3 phones paired / connected via Bluetooth and can easily set one as "Primary" for the Phone function. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to select between the devices for streaming Bluetooth audio. According to the Ford documentation it should be possible to do this, but the menu options in Sync don't match up with the owners manual. Anyone know how to do this and/or if it's really possible?

OP
OP
Grant L

Grant L

Reaction score
Bump...anyone, anyone? Am I the only person who has more than one phone paired simultaneously? Just to be clear on the problem, when I jump in the car with my family, Sync is connecting my phone, my wife's phone, and my daughter's phone. Trying to figure out how I can quickly switch to another phone for streaming music vs. the "Primary".

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Sync 3 in my 2016. I am still learning the differences in radios so if this does not apply I apologize. On mine I tap the Phone icon then the phone I want to switch to and there is a connect option.

Kwik SC

Reaction score
On the home screen where it shows you the Map, Radio Source and Phone that is connected tap the Phone screen. Then there is a button showing the Bluetooth symbol that says Change or Connect Device. It will show you the phones and when you tap on the one you want it will ask if you want to connect Phone, Media or Both.

FYI if you have an Android, Android Auto with Google Maps is wayyy better at Navigation and other functions over the factory Nav w/ Siriuslink. You can also Voice command your songs and Playlists in Google Play Music as well.