2007 fpdm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcm712

Reaction score
Just wanted to post something I learned about 2007 FPDM. (fuel pump driver module) Had a problem with random no starts and multiple forums discuss problems with the fpdm. The 2007 DOES NOT HAVE ONE! Don't bother looking on left rear frame rail or cross member it IS NOT THERE! Can't believe that someone hasn't stated this before. Random no start problem not solved yet but will reveal when.

OP
OP
K

kcm712

Reaction score
New member so haven't seen your posts. I've got about 105000 in it and not sure when filter was changed.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed that you were new to the forum But your comment "Can't believe that someone hasn't stated this before." is not a unusual comment. By using the search function in this forum would have given you much information on the subject. I even had a member with a first gen expy ask where the FPDM was located on his expy.

But Thank You for you post and hopefully others read it and now are better informed to the FPDM issue.

Also welcome to the forum

phantombox

Reaction score
Stupid question: do you mean that only the 2007 doesn't have the FPDM or do all Explorers fron 2007 to present not have this module?
I have an Expedition Eddie Bauer Advance Trac RSC and cannot locate it.
After taking appart half the car, I'm starting to feel like chasing the Loch Ness monster: everyone swears that it exists but nobody can present solid proove...

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you read my post in this thread you would have noted that the FPDM is ONLY in the 05 and 06 expeditions

Now to answer you present question the Fuel pump is located in the fuel tank

In 2009 ford made another change and started using a fuel pump control module but being you don't have a 2009 or newer model that isn't something that is on your expedition

phantombox

Reaction score
Thanx, roxy1225.
I know that the fuel pump is in the fuel tank. I had to take it out twice...
Maybe my question wasn't clear: what component is in charge of controlling the fuel pump?