‘22 Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you with your ‘22 already, have a question. Do your power running boards work independently from one another or do they extend together regardless of which door is opened?

On my parents’ 2020 KR, the boards are independent and only extend if a door is opened on that particular side. On my 2022 Limited 303A, no matter which door you open both boards extend. It drives me crazy putting a kid in on the passenger side and by the time I get to the driver’s side the boards are raising, only to have to extend again mid-cycle. Seems like a great opportunity for wear vs my parents’ 2020. The precious design is exponentially better IMO.

My ‘22 does have a setting for an “Extended” timer on the boards (says 5min), but it doesn’t work. No matter if it’s in the standard or extended timer, the boards close within a few seconds. This is probably my biggest complaint on this vehicle. Trying to figure out if there’s something wrong with mine or if it’s a bad design/bug.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh my. That is the stupidest thing ever. But at least your 22 won't catch on fire.. Huge fail Ford.

OP
OP
U

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, both sides deploy any time a door is opened. My 2020 didn't do that, so I was surprised to see on the 2022.
Have you tried the “Extended” timer setting at all? Mine doesn’t work.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Strange. I had power running boards on my 2010 Limited, 2015 Platinum, and on my current 2018 Platinum. The two sides were in dependent of each other on all 3 vehicles. I guess we have to be careful with kids and small pets on the other side when you're opening your side.

Mordedura

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Max Limited about a month ago and my power running boards don’t operate independently either, and the extended timer doesn’t work as described. First “American” car I’ve owned since I drove a Chevy Lumina in college and there are so many issues with it I am just floored. Thing cost almost $80k and it came with a split in the leather trim on the dash. Last week the audio completely quit working for about 30 minutes. I can tell you I won’t be buying another Ford anytime soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE