‘18 Navi Reserve passenger seat moving by itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Navigator Reserve 21 way seat.

So my passenger seat moves backwards until lockout and the motor continues switching on to move it further back several times before stopping, then will randomly attempt several more times ….. on and on the entirety of the ride as long as someone is sitting in the chair. It only does it with a passenger and it will only ice the seat back. At times the seat will not even move forward because the motor is engaged in reverse.

Dealer has replaced the switch already and decided it was fixed. Of course, the seat did the exact same stuff the same day it was returned to me after the ‘repair’.

Any ideas for me to steer the service manager towards?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seat control module? Do your memory seat settings work normally? Everything is run via canbus in these trucks, so when a module fails perhaps it could cause your issue. Looks like a $200 part on TascaParts.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seat control module? Do your memory seat settings work normally? Everything is run via canbus in these trucks, so when a module fails perhaps it could cause your issue. Looks like a $200 part on TascaParts.com

memory settings and all other functions of the seat work perfectly. Only issue is the moving backwards.

Service manager is taking it in the morning to try and fix it or disable the entire seat in an acceptable position before I leave for a week long trip on Saturday.

Fingers crossed.

83operator

Reaction score
Hi Artie,

Did you get this repaired? My 2019 Lincoln has been in for service 4 times for the same issue and they have been unable to determine the cause. Thank you!

B

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Artie,

Did you get this repaired? My 2019 Lincoln has been in for service 4 times for the same issue and they have been unable to determine the cause. Thank you!

B
No. Two dealerships, multiple visits, techs driving the vehicle home for multiple days, claims of it being fixed and all turning out to be pie in the sky. This plus my other reoccurring issues make for a very frustrating ownership experience. I’m bailing on Ford/Lincoln in lieu of Toyota/Lexus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes