‘22 Amazon Fire Rear Entertainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elise

Reaction score
We ordered the RES for our 22 expedition. When it arrived we discovered there was no longer DVD and it was an Amazon fire tv and not a ford OES. Our kids are disappointed as we need to add my truck to our data plan, have monthly subscriptions to Amazon/Netflix/Disney etc PLUS pay monthly 17$ for ford streaming. Nowhere on the can build and price site did they say that I needed a monthly subscription for this system. I feel like ford falsely represented what we chose as an add on for 2100 assuming it was the same as the 2021 system. The Amazon fire tv’s do not have external speakers so I have 6 seats back there but only two kids can have sound?? They also freeze and do not have power off buttons so we are constantly having the disconnect the battery cables to cut the power to them as they will stay on frozen for hours after the vehicle is powered off.
They are expensive pieces of cheap crap and I am seriously considering small claims court against Ford for these. Our dealer won’t help as they claim we made our purchase online through the build site and ford Canada says deal with our dealer.

I’m tired of being a Guinea pig for this new system. Our dealership knew nothing of how to set it up or use it and help us. We didn’t even get a manual for it and I’ve asked for two months for one.

Does anyone else have an opinion, good or bad, on the new RES?

RaptorSTExpy

Reaction score
Same exact experience here down to Ford and the dealer pointing at each other. I registered a complaint with Ford and after several days of back and forth I got this:

“Unfortunately, the New Vehicle Support team confirmed what I was suspecting. Once vehicles are delivered, all concerns should be addressed with the dealership. I cannot say if they will be able to get any reimbursement for you, but they can definitely look into it further. I apologize that we cannot assist further!”

Ask me how responsive the dealer has been on this? Spoiler alert, they haven’t. I have the exact same arguments as you. I don’t use Amazon streaming services, I can’t mirror the screens without it, but even then the in vehicle Wi-Fi doesn’t support it, you have to connect them to your phone to stream a screen from the headrest to your phone to a cell tower back to your phone to the other screen 2 feet away. Any ideas how many times that’s worked? Zero.

Worst entertainment system I’ve ever seen. Ford technical support said (and I quite) “Our entertainment systems are Amazon branded now?” You can’t make this stuff up. $2k for absolute worthless pieces of plastic and wires. I’ve ranked the dealer and Ford the lowest possible scores in the survey and got an email back asking me if the dealer has addressed my concerns. We replied no….and that’s it. No other follow up.

So to heck with you and us and our $2k I guess? I don’t know what to do here either but we 100% feel ripped off and NOBODY at Ford seems to care one single bit. I’m open to suggestions from you as I’m also about to take someone to court.

peacockexpy

Reaction score
We ordered the RES for our 22 expedition. When it arrived we discovered there was no longer DVD and it was an Amazon fire tv and not a ford OES. Our kids are disappointed as we need to add my truck to our data plan, have monthly subscriptions to Amazon/Netflix/Disney etc PLUS pay monthly 17$ for ford streaming. Nowhere on the can build and price site did they say that I needed a monthly subscription for this system. I feel like ford falsely represented what we chose as an add on for 2100 assuming it was the same as the 2021 system. The Amazon fire tv’s do not have external speakers so I have 6 seats back there but only two kids can have sound?? They also freeze and do not have power off buttons so we are constantly having the disconnect the battery cables to cut the power to them as they will stay on frozen for hours after the vehicle is powered off.
They are expensive pieces of cheap crap and I am seriously considering small claims court against Ford for these. Our dealer won’t help as they claim we made our purchase online through the build site and ford Canada says deal with our dealer.

I’m tired of being a Guinea pig for this new system. Our dealership knew nothing of how to set it up or use it and help us. We didn’t even get a manual for it and I’ve asked for two months for one.

Does anyone else have an opinion, good or bad, on the new RES?

Did you find a solution for this?? Just got our 23 and safe garbage system! Want to remove and replace with aftermarket but can’t even get the head rests off!!

OP
OP
E

Elise

Reaction score
Same exact experience here down to Ford and the dealer pointing at each other. I registered a complaint with Ford and after several days of back and forth I got this:

“Unfortunately, the New Vehicle Support team confirmed what I was suspecting. Once vehicles are delivered, all concerns should be addressed with the dealership. I cannot say if they will be able to get any reimbursement for you, but they can definitely look into it further. I apologize that we cannot assist further!”

Ask me how responsive the dealer has been on this? Spoiler alert, they haven’t. I have the exact same arguments as you. I don’t use Amazon streaming services, I can’t mirror the screens without it, but even then the in vehicle Wi-Fi doesn’t support it, you have to connect them to your phone to stream a screen from the headrest to your phone to a cell tower back to your phone to the other screen 2 feet away. Any ideas how many times that’s worked? Zero.

Worst entertainment system I’ve ever seen. Ford technical support said (and I quite) “Our entertainment systems are Amazon branded now?” You can’t make this stuff up. $2k for absolute worthless pieces of plastic and wires. I’ve ranked the dealer and Ford the lowest possible scores in the survey and got an email back asking me if the dealer has addressed my concerns. We replied no….and that’s it. No other follow up.

So to heck with you and us and our $2k I guess? I don’t know what to do here either but we 100% feel ripped off and NOBODY at Ford seems to care one single bit. I’m open to suggestions from you as I’m also about to take someone to court.
Soooo now my dealership is telling me that my system was never meant to stream and it is only meant for mirroring. Which is ********. I am exploring other options. I’ll keep you posted. I’m so mad I’m oddly calm.

OP
OP
E

Elise

Reaction score
Did you find a solution for this?? Just got our 23 and safe garbage system! Want to remove and replace with aftermarket but can’t even get the head rests off!!
I asked what new headrests (plain) cost and it’s 350 each so I’m out not only my 2100 option plus an extra 700 just to remove this terrible system. My dealership refuses to do anything stating it’s a Ford Canada issue and that they’re a voxx product and not ford. I’ve had my screens in for service three times now and nothing has been fixed. The dealership blamed us for being uninformed consumers.

OP
OP
E

Elise

Reaction score

Can we like legit do a class action or YouTube review video to get ford’s attention on this?? My dealer is not helping and ford Canada tells me I have to deal with the dealership.