“Low Oil Pressure” In Message Center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m experiencing intermittently the message center displaying “Low Oil Preassure” and the actual gauge needle being at L after the truck has been started. The check engine light will also come on. Most of the time this does not happen and the oil level is actually fine. I don’t notice any ticking or anything sounding out of the ordinary. Could this just a a sensor issue?

Thanks

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the correct viscosity oil and a high-quality oil filter (such as OEM Ford Motorcraft) installed?

Cheap, aftermarket oil filters can cause oil starvation at start-up.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Easy enough to swap in a motorcraft filter. And like C5 coupe stated keep the viscosity no more than 5w30. You didn't give year, engine size? What is it please?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You didn't give year, engine size? What is it please?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
I dug into his profile, it says 2004 so we're looking at a 2-valve. But that's only part of your question..

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m experiencing intermittently the message center displaying “Low Oil Preassure” and the actual gauge needle being at L after the truck has been started. The check engine light will also come on. Most of the time this does not happen and the oil level is actually fine. I don’t notice any ticking or anything sounding out of the ordinary. Could this just a a sensor issue?

Thanks
Please describe oil level 'actually fine'. Do you check with engine on or off, hot or cold, and where on the dipstick does oil level fall? Does it burn and/or leak oil otherwise?

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think some of the 04's were 4 valve. Just as some of the 03's were..at least thats what my manual states. Always running into the 4 valve section on accident :p

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some of the 04's were 4 valve. Just as some of the 03's were..at least thats what my manual states. Always running into the 4 valve section on accident :p

It’s likely a 2 Valve, 3 valves weren’t used until the 2005 MY in the expy. Being an 04’ it could be a 4.6L as well...

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh well, that's good to know. I thought it was luck of the draw on the 2003 and 2004 whether you got a 2v or 4v and I figured I was a lucky one! Wonder why it's in the manual - is it a navigator thing?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well, that's good to know. I thought it was luck of the draw on the 2003 and 2004 whether you got a 2v or 4v and I figured I was a lucky one! Wonder why it's in the manual - is it a navigator thing?

Yes sir, the 4 valve was available in the Navigator until the 3 valve replaced both the 2&4 valve engines.