00 xlt anti theft reset or removal???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello all, I’ve pretty much rebuilt a whole new 00 xlt (engine/trans/lift/etc)and I was trying to start it yesterday for the first time, I’m sure I have fuel to the injectors (pulled fuel rail and sprayed gas everywhere, was completely empty). I did install new Bosch fuel pump, seems to be working. I have not checked for spark, but I’m assuming that there is none or it would at least try to start. It did nothing but crank over,(battery fully charged) and I tried about 7-8 times. The only question I have is about the anti theft, and if it’s possible that’s the issue?? Can it be reset by me?? Or possibly deleted?? The truck has been sitting for approximately 2 years with the battery disconnected all week and only connected to unlock doors/roll down window once a week. . Also how do I know if theft going off or not. I’m going to try to get to truck this week to try to do a little more trouble shooting, I haven’t checked any fuses or relays at anything yet, just fishing for a few ideas. Thank you.