01 body lift questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David316

Reaction score
hi, i have a few questions about lifting my expedition and tire size. can i fit 35 inch tires without any rubbing, with a 3 inch body lift? also does anyone have any experience putting a body lift on? i'd like to know some basic info. like can novice do it himself with the help of a friend? can we do it in an afternoon? are there any issues that i'm going to run into? the kit i'm looking at comes with bumper mounts and steering extension mounts. im worried that lifting the body 3 inches is gonna make something like a wire harness, cable, hose, or etc too short. i just have your basic, oil change and alternator swap skills. id like know if any curveballs are coming to try and get ahead. this is my daily driver. so i can't tare it apart, realize i need something i don't have. then have wait a week in the mail for it.
any knowledge or links to the knowledge on the internet would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
961260EA-2F01-4FE7-94EC-26ADB9FD838C.jpegB44CCB84-9618-467B-B7DA-D4253EFDAE14.jpegI’ve done a few, it’s not simple, but it’s not crazy hard either. I think it says about 8 hours of install, so I’d figure for 10ish if you’ve never done one before. I dont remember anything that was a problem, depending on where you live and rust, you may have issues getting the bolts out of the body.

Stepcajun

Reaction score
you can fit 35's with a torsion key lift and shocks.
easier than a body lift.
I am running 37"s with a little trimming.

Attachments

• PXL_20230729_215641263.jpg
    PXL_20230729_215641263.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 11

LAexpy

Reaction score
I installed the 3” BL on my 97 Expy, and it took me an entire weekend. Body bolts were difficult to get off so spent quite some time on that. There are a lot of steps, but you can do it with help of friend. I ran 35” MTs and they only slightly rubbed at full turn.

It would be easier to crank torsion bars and and a rear spacer, but not sure if you’d be able to fit 35s that way