02 EB Transmission Cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my girl hit a hydrant and crushed what looks like/I'm assuming is the transmission cooler mounted to the body? The one that is crushed in the pic is on the passenger side of the front end. The other not crushed unit is on the driver side, which I also have no idea what it is.

How painful is it to change that? And, my front body area there as you can see is completely rusting away. Not sure what to do there...It's also bent from the hydrant hit.

20200116_084956.jpg

20200116_085003.jpg

Last edited:

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If not leaking, i'd just leave it. The other one is for power steering.

A few bolts for the tranny cooler, prob lines are original & replace is then the way to go also.

U could also cut & join the lines to bypass the cooler with a temp fix.

OP
OP
98Sexpedition

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, it isn't leaking(yet) but with it being squashed like it is I'm worried that it will not push fluid thru as it's supposed to and overheat the transmission. Plus, the impact broke the mount for it so it's just dangling there. I was thinking about just zip tying it in place but you can see the amount of rust up there. I'm not sure that would work for too long.