02 front Brakes clicking, back sound like boat creeks - Front Rotors and brakes changed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dasflux

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=NNHvE8l8JC8

Took a video of the sounds coming from front and back brakes. Can't see shit but I think the sound tells the story to you guys with experience. The rotors were shot, brakes were okay but I started with changing the front brakes and rotors. I'll try to summarize some of this .

- No braking problems regarding leaks or mashing peddle to floor. All has felt as of normal.
- Changed front brakes and rotors. Symptoms still exist.
- Front right brake had brake dust.
- Front left clicking noise I believe
- Strange power issues without RPM loss. I have suspected brakes hanging
- ABS light on of course, have not diagnosed. Won't read and figured it was a fuse I blew from a while back since two ODB's wont power on.
- Bleed/flushed 3/4 a quart of fluid today with a power bleeder on 3 out of 4 of the wheels. The weather was starting to set in and I was going to have to take the wheel off to get a braker bar in because it was stuck like hell and about to strip.
- No heat problems on old brakes at least to the point of danger but I did not hit it with my thermal gun. Drove on this a few months.

---
Questions I have...

- The hose issues I read about changing? But I bled 3 or 4 of the brakes with out issues. Isnt that a clog?
- 2 front calipers unlikely to go bad at once.. Shit in system or hoses?
- That creeking sound like a boat was a recent. Is that the Ebrake?

Anyone tell me where to start? I am hoping this is that hose issue and its something small I can troubleshoot myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off not to sound like your grandpa, but you can't use language like you did, without being bumped off the forum from the screeners. That being said, I'd replace both front calipers, and both front hoses, then rebleed. Sounds like you got a stuck piston, and possibly an abs sensor. Try cleaning the dust and crud from sensor before replacing. But I'd ditch both calipers, their not that much to replace, and unless your set up to rebuild 4 piston calipers at home, very few are, remans are the smart bet. Ford remans are my 1st choice, but top tier Wagner, or raybestos are also good quality bolt ons.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk