03 expedition vehicle security related problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albardeiro

Reaction score
Door locks and keyless not worlking, no entry lights wen opening door, no auto lights, no cruise control, no power to third row seats. radio has to be shut off manually. Checked GEM/VSM and it's good, checked all fuses and they are all good. any Ideas before I start chancing wires? could it be the fuse box that is not sending power to the Vehicle security module? I know the module is good because I have a 04 expedition with the same module and swapped them and the module works in the 04.
Any Idea would be great
Thank You
Joe

OP
OP
A

Albardeiro

Reaction score
I bought this expedition already with this problem so I'm not sure what cause it or how it starter. I

OP
OP
A

Albardeiro

Reaction score
Everything works, starts, drives, no trouble lights, power windows, mirrors, AC...only some if not all the stuff controlled by the Vehicle security Module don't seem to work.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Are you getting any voltage or continuity on your relays and fuses?

OP
OP
A

Albardeiro

Reaction score
yes, and I toke all the relays and swapped them with the ones from my other expedition and they all work in my other expedition...so not the fuses or the relays...I have voltage at the fuse that does the door locks but not sure if it makes it to the VSM I also think that the third row seats switch not working has to do with the door locks because the seats are only suppose to work when the tail gate/back window is open and since there no signal for the door the safety acts like the doors are close.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Got the same ecu/pcm between the two truck's that you can swap

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 things, 1, 03 doesn't use a Gem module, last year is 02, but we know what you mean. And 2, the fuse boxes have issues with solder joints, especially the fuel pump relay. Like Habbibie stated, be sure you have voltage both sides of fuses for door locks, do you have a full schematic? Are you good at reading them? Their available online, I got the one for my 2000 for like $8.00 delivered used. You'll need to backtrack from doorpad back to find your break, or possible module failure. It's nice you've got another vehicle with swappable parts, saves time. One last thing make sure previous owner didn't tap into wiring for aftermarket alarm/stereo/whatever. Seen that being the issue here many times. Hopefully another will chime in. PS you might want to repost this in the Expedition gen 2 section. More views there.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PCM's are electronically married to the instrument cluster. You need to move both or repair with the new cluster.