04 expedition engine knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amos7514

Reaction score
Hey I have a 04 expedition with about a 112k on it and it has a knock on the passenger side right by the oil fill it I put a stethoscope on it and it sounds like it’s coming from the injectors is it possible for injectiors to make a knocking noise or is it something else thanks

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard to say without hearing your rig for myself. Mine has always (since I bought it new) made some clicking (not really a knock) noise that is more noticeable on the pass side. I can only hear it with the hood up. I checked my roller followers and cams while I had it apart for new timing parts, and they were all fine. So I ruled that out. Could be the injectors, like you said, but you could also check for an exhaust leak from the manifold on that side.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's a knock I would pull the valve cover off at a minimum and inspect the valve train components. A knock is never a good sign. How's the sparkplug look ? Any DTC codes ?