'08 King Ranch really this slow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I bought a fuel pressure tester and my god. Ignition on, Im getting 62 psi, engine idling it is 68 psi.

Auto parts stores list the pressure regulator mounted on the fuel rail, but I think it is the one on the fuel tank.
Could this be it, XS4Z-9C052-AA?

So if it it on the tank how hard can that be to get to?

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am not so much worried about the work as I want to make sure it is on the fuel tank. It sure isn't on the fuel rail.
Online auto parts stores only shoes the rail version.

Need a service manual to be sure.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looked up on Rock Auto, and they showed 2 of the pumps that had the regulator built into the pump itself. Your pressure is kinda high. Usually 55 psi is top pressure. Your way above that. Don't know if that's the problem your having, but I'd change it out, preferably with a Motorcraft one. Wouldn't want to put a cheapie in, and have other problems start.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the fuel pump also? Oh boy. Looks like I have to lower the tank just to see what it has. I might try this weekend to see if I can spot the one I mentioned above with a mirror.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After all the dancing around on your problem, let your fuel run low, like 6 gallons or less, since it's still running, get dirty, and be done with it! These pumps cause more running problems than any single item on these vehicles. Most pumps go till they die, not these. They act up all along the failing way. Some it's deteriating hoses, others it's the pump itself. Overheating causing low pressure. In your case it's high pressure. Just curious are you smelling fuel at all?

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have a very good point. Not smelling any fuel, and not a single code been thrown. I checked the left cat with a pressure tester and it showed virtually nothing. I can blow more pressure. I was going to do the right one but it is going to be way more difficult to get to.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually your reading at idle should be below 1 1/2 psi. At 2000rpm 3 psi. Higher readings mean clogged cats. Usually clogged or semi clogged will give readings of 10 to 20 psi, depending on severeity of clog.