1200 miles in 24 hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Left Michigan at 4pm Thursday to try to get ahead of the impending ice storm, headed to panhandle of Florida. Made it to Nashville around 2 am, kids were restless (8, 11, and 15) so we got a hotel room. 2 Youngest woke up at 5am and were hungry for breakfast LOL. Back on the road shortly after 8 (good thing as strong storms arrived shortly after LOL), we arrived at our destination (St George Island, FL) just before 5pm. 1200 miles in just a hair over 24 hours. Last year we left at 6 am and drove it straight through, 18.5 hours of drive time).

Just under 3 tanks of fuel, Expedition ran flawlessly (knock on wood, haha).

My back is a little sore after the drive but love the car (we just bought it 2 weeks ago). 18.5mpg fully loaded, including Thule XL roof box, 5 people, and I’m not wasting any time.

will update with a couple thoughts…

9DDDE25A-823C-4B9B-B61F-DE23A16B001E.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ergonomics tenfold better than the ‘22 Suburban we had. Wiper controls, etc very intuitive on rainy, dark highway sections.

Auto high beams are a little slow to engage

When using Google CarPlay, we lose outside temp readout, but the Navigation this way is 100x better than the factory system.

Car ran flawless other than a couple instances where I had minor transmission hesitation between shifts under medium throttle.

My butt and back tell me that there’s either not enough “butt” cushion at the back or not enough ultra-low lumbar. I’ll have to investigate. Have added foam to previous car seats so not my first rodeo.

Love the car :)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My butt and back tell me that there’s either not enough “butt” cushion at the back or not enough ultra-low lumbar. I’ll have to investigate. Have added foam to previous car seats so not my first rodeo.

It's probably the massage seat mechanism. I believe you have to reset it every now and again to get the parts to rest in the right spots. The limited trim seats are almost perfect with balanced cushioning and support. Only problem I had was shoulder support, which our current nav fixes.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just drove to Arkansas from Atlanta and back. Spent around $300 on gas for the whole trip. Each full tank got around 450 miles driving at 75 mph average. There were moments my engine temp went over 232 and transmission temp over 214. The Expedition is a tank for road trip.