'14 limited expy front AC/heat shutting off and then comes back on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I have this weird problem that started today with my blower/ac/heat. The ac shut off then after a minute comes on for one second and then shuts off for another minute. It does this like 5 times and then it stays on for a while. No lights, sounds, blinking. Nothing. The control unit says everything is on, but nothing comes out of the vents. The rear and my ac seats work. Same thing with the heat.
Any ideas?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the blower motor control. Check the connection at the blower first before changing parts.
If you have a meter you can check for voltage at the plug.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An update on my blower problem. It hasn't happened since the day I started the thread.
Very odd if you ask me.

Plati

Reaction score
That's it with intermittent problems, eh? Sounds real and it will come back. It wasn't your imagination.

I'm in a hotel in Sarasota now. Called maintenance up for a problem with the air conditioner making noise. Seemed odd. I told them I would try to get more info. Went back later and said it was the refrigerator not the a/c! Those damnn hotel fridges always make noise!

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh. It's 90f out and the problem is back. First time since my last mention of it.

Plati

Reaction score
Wild guess, take this with grain of salt. Not uncommon for electric devices to have overtemp protection. We had a blower motor in a Xerox scanner that would shut off in overtemp and reset and run after it cooled a bit. It was unpredictable.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wild guess, take this with grain of salt. Not uncommon for electric devices to have overtemp protection. We had a blower motor in a Xerox scanner that would shut off in overtemp and reset and run after it cooled a bit. It was unpredictable.
I was wondering that myself. After an hour or so of driving it started working fine. It's a black truck and gets crazy hot in this sun.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take a few minutes whether its working today or not and unplug the harness that powers the blower motor. Look to see if the male & female plastic connectors show any sign of melting, if the brass-ish spades are discolored, or if the larger wires have signs of heat damage, such as discoloration or decreased flexibility.