15-17 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renz17expedition

Reaction score
Hey there, first post. I’ve been doing research but can’t seem to find the right answer I am needing. I have a 17 Expedition with 285/70/18 Grapplers, it looks great and barely runs at full lock.

I want to buy Bilstein shocks but the front only offer 1” lift and rear is 1.6”

People have said that the shock is longer than OEM shock so therefore does that mean it gives it more than 1” lift front and more than 1.6” rear with the shock brightness “longer? I’m not understanding.

Also, I’d like to go more than 1” lift up fromt without having to do spacers to avoid and excessive wear in the ball joints etc.

Could I possibly use an F150 Front shock to get more lift up front?

••••• Front is my main concern••••

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey there, first post. I’ve been doing research but can’t seem to find the right answer I am needing. I have a 17 Expedition with 285/70/18 Grapplers, it looks great and barely runs at full lock.

I want to buy Bilstein shocks but the front only offer 1” lift and rear is 1.6”

People have said that the shock is longer than OEM shock so therefore does that mean it gives it more than 1” lift front and more than 1.6” rear with the shock brightness “longer? I’m not understanding.

Also, I’d like to go more than 1” lift up fromt without having to do spacers to avoid and excessive wear in the ball joints etc.

Could I possibly use an F150 Front shock to get more lift up front?

••••• Front is my main concern••••
Check out readlift they're pretty good and not to much work either.

OP
OP
renz17expedition

renz17expedition

Reaction score
Yes I’ve seen it, I want to steer clear from Spacers. Excessive wear on suspension components. I much rather do a shock lift. Do you know if I can use an F159 front shocks for a taller lift?