15.5" screen w/Sync 4A - voice commands for fan speed, seat heat/cool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'22 Platinum, 15.5" screen w/Sync 4A:
The voice recognition accepts commands to set temperature (e.g., "Set temperature 80°"), and with that will adjust the fan speed to what it deems appropriate for that temperature, but I can't get the system to recognize any voice command to control the fan (to a specific speed, Min/Max, or to Off), or any way to control the heating/cooling of the front seats.
Anyone know?

Especially on extended drives, there's many times you need to adjust fan and seats to stay comfortable, and with no physical buttons for those it's sometimes risky or dangerous to take your eyes off the road to do that.

Last edited:

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I didn't get the 15.5 screen in my Stealth. I know you had no choice with the Platinum, which sucks. I do not think there is a way to adjust fan speed with your voice, but could be wrong.

OP
OP
nationalgallery

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I didn't get the 15.5 screen in my Stealth. I know you had no choice with the Platinum, which sucks. I do not think there is a way to adjust fan speed with your voice, but could be wrong.
I love the 15.5; that's one of the reasons (besides price....) that I got the Expedition instead of another Navigator. Just saying 'temperature 75°' is great and much easier than looking/feeling for a knob or dial; adding voice commands for fan and seat control is just a simple software addition. If it's not already there I hope they add it soon.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Fan speed control is already built in and usable, but seat control is a different story because you have to specify which seat, what level, etc.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the 15.5; that's one of the reasons (besides price....) that I got the Expedition instead of another Navigator. Just saying 'temperature 75°' is great and much easier than looking/feeling for a knob or dial; adding voice commands for fan and seat control is just a simple software addition. If it's not already there I hope they add it soon.
The voice commands for temp, etc work with all the Sync systems. I could do that in my 2013 Ford Flex.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is no voice command for the seats. The fan is typically set to auto. you can easily tap the “auto” on the always there, persistent screen for climate controls, for 3 fan speed adjustments. It’s not any different that tapping a button for fan speed.
And I call BS on anyone who says they don’t glance down to hit a physical button for controlling fan speed. I have owned dozen plus cars and the only exception was a ‘90 Buick where the fan speed was a sliding switch. All other cars have dozen plus buttons, I always had to glance to make sure I was hitting the right one.
Auto is 3 fan speeds on left side of screen. Heated seats are also persistent on left side of screen. Or ride side for passenger. Same with temp control. No menu needed.
If you want to find tune fan speed with 7 levels, or change air orientation, you have to click into the climate screen. Which is also very easy to control.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And I call BS on anyone who says they don’t glance down to hit a physical button for controlling fan speed.
On the 2022+ Expeditions with the standard center stack the "lever" for the fan control is easily found without looking because it sticks out and it's dead-center in the stack.

OP
OP
nationalgallery

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the 2022+ Expeditions with the standard center stack the "lever" for the fan control is easily found without looking because it sticks out and it's dead-center in the stack.
Yes—I rented a 2022 Expedition with that 12" screen while mine was in the shop (I had my new Platinum for 2 weeks and someone backed into it in a parking lot....) and you can easily find that fan control lever without looking. Also on some of my past Navigators both the temp and fan speed controls were on the steering wheel, with no need to look to find them.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes—I rented a 2022 Expedition with that 12" screen while mine was in the shop (I had my new Platinum for 2 weeks and someone backed into it in a parking lot....) and you can easily find that fan control lever without looking. Also on some of my past Navigators both the temp and fan speed controls were on the steering wheel, with no need to look to find them.
I had a 2022 Expedition Max Limited with the 12" screen. I love having the physical buttons. I don't think I would order an Expedition with the 15" screen.